Chapter 3

I let out a groan as the hard surface beneath me causes my spine to crack. I try to sit up, but stop when my eyes adjust to the dark room around me.  A strangled gasp falls from my lips as I realize I have no idea where I am. The room is dark and slightly musty, it is what I assume an old cellar would look like. I'm laying on a thin white pad that separates me from a cold metal bed. There are no windows, but I see a dark oak door to my right that is cracked open letting a bright light into the room. I curl myself up and attempt to get off the bed, but the throbbing in my shoulder is almost too much to handle. I try to hold back the yelp that I let out a little too loud. Footsteps come thundering down the steps that the door must hide, and three figures burst through the door.

"She's awake!" a deep voice yells walking towards me quickly. The others are followed by another figure that follows them down the stairs. They stand away from the bed not moving, each staring at me with unreadable expressions. The first looks mid twenties, his jaw is riddled with stubble and his eyes are a dark blue and his dark hair lays messily on his head. The man next to him is much older, maybe in his sixties. His hair in a peppered white color and his eyes are an almost warm brown. I squint my eyes to focus my vision before I realize that the next two younger boys must be twins. Their bright blue eyes are identical and the their brown hair is tousled in nearly the same way. The only thing that separates them is the diamond piercing on one of the boys left ear. The last man stares at me with a dark expression. The expression is giving me a sense of familiarity and my eyes dart down to the tattoos that cover his arms and that are creeping up his neck. Suddenly I'm back on a darkened street corner being shoved into a flickering street lamp. My body is suddenly thrown into over drive, and I try desperately to jump off the bed and find myself clambering to the ground. Pain shoots through my back and the breath in knocked out of me.

"Ah shit come on I worked too damn hard on those stitches don't go ripping them open,". The old man says reaching out to help me. I stare at his hand and reluctantly reach him. He gingerly pulls me up and sits me back on the metal bed.  "Diesel grab the numbing agent from the cabinet, I'm going to have to stitch this back up again,".

"There's none left. The next shipment of medical supplies comes in on Friday,". Diesel says with an almost sympathetic look. 

"Just do it." I grit out with an angry tone. The old man grabs a needle and lifts up my shirt while the other boys seemingly wait for me to call out in fear.

"My name is Gustavo Stone by the way,". He says before a pinching pain engulfs my back. I suck in air, grinding my teeth down to stop from crying.

"Looks like she's about to cry." One of the twins chuckles.

"Please Wade you cry when you get a paper cut." The other says shoving him into the wall playfully.

"Balls of steel this one." The last boy says sounding slightly surprised. Gustavo sets down the needle and steps back. 

"There, now I swear to god rip them open again and I'll staple them back together." He says chuckling. I refrain from saying anything, suddenly aware again that I am locked in a basement with men I have no trust in. I swallow attempting to formulate a plan to get out of here. The five men stare at me with various expressions, none of which I can translate. 

"Well, go on boys introduce yourselves." Gustavo says irritatedly.

"I'm Wade." The boy who mocked me says.

"I'm Cade," The other answers with a small smile. The only recognizable difference between the two is the mischievous glint that never seems to leave Wade's baby blue eyes. 

"I'm Diesel. Way to bite the bullet back there." The dark scruffy man says. He is definitely the oldest of the four guys. I give him a weary half smile. The last boy stays just out of the dull light so that I cannot see him.