(2019) Yule Ball - Harry x Reader

Hey I left you guys hanging, I am super sorry about that! my driver's ed course started awhile ago and my finals are just about over, but I'm going to try my hardest to keep posting for you guys! Please Bare with me, I have so many books my gosh. Also, I'm in this one shot as well, just to amuse myself while writing this, sorry about that :') 

And it's so short because it's a cliff hanger I think. I don't know at this point.

-

"It'll be okay.. Y/N.." Y/F/N mumbled as she fixed the strap on her friend's dress, knowing very well that it is unlikely that Y/N even came close to believing that lie.

You see, the Yule Ball is supposed to be am enjoyable time for the students. At least that's what Y/n thought, but once she heard that her crush Harry had asked out someone else, it was enough of a reason to dread the night. 

Y/N had arranged to go with Ron as friends, who was also distraught for multiple reasons. For one, his main crush, Hermione Granger, was going to the ball with some random person, but who he figured would be his fall back date, Jessica Painter, was going with someone else. He didn't know who, and Y/N thought that was fair, considering the fact that the bloody idiot had told Y/N that exactly himself when he asked her. 

Y/N wonders who he did as to the ball, considering the fact that Cho Chang, his apparent crush was going with another guy, but she hopes they're at least nice. 

Hopefully going to treat him well considering they took her spot and date.

-

Y/N walked into the hall with Ron and Y/F/N, who was attending the ball with Seamus Finnigan, another one of their good friends. Y/F/N and him were close enough that people would think they're dating, but it's more of a sibling relationship anyways. The whole school knew who Seamus liked, but that's another story for later.

The ball looked very well decorated, in their opinions. The Great Hall was decked out to look like a winter forest, and they liked every part of it. 

"Where's Harry?" Ron asked them all with a confused expression. 

"Don't know, I wasn't able to find Jessie or Hermione either." Y/F/N responded with a strange expression, adjusting her dress while Seamus helped her.

"Hopefully we see them." He continued, and Y/N was about to respond before the crowd of students started to part through the middle on either side of the doors, a good comparison to the speed would be the Red Sea.

Y/N was about to ask what everyone was doing, when her question was answered. Everyone's mouths dropped in shock when all the Triwizard Champions started walking in with their dates. 

Yes, Fleur and her date looked gorgeous, as well as Hermione and Viktor, and she had to admit that Cho and Cedric looked adorable together, but they didn't stick as much in her head as the next pair did.

The four friends were staring at the next pair, rage and jealousy burning in two of their stomachs.

Y/N couldn't believe what she was seeing.

Harry, her Harry, was walking into the ball with Jessica Painter, one of her best friends.

~.~

Should I continue this? I don't know if I like it.. ahaha.

and no I'm not some villain, okay? Like Harry and I are just friends bb he's all yours XD

Anyways, I just wanted to get something up, this isn't edited so please don't cringe at my grammar pleaseeee.