★ | 021. the descent

Book: Locked Away
Chapter 21: The Descent
Word Count: 3755

Book: Locked AwayChapter 21: The Descent Word Count: 3755

All morning Xander had been spending his time with Rose. He didn't like her very much because she had feelings for Damon and that made him jealous but this werewolf bite was really affecting her and he didn't have it in his heart to just leave her alone. He tried to take her mind off of it and he could tell she appreciated the company.

Though even with him trying to distract her, she couldn't keep the sombre look off her face. "I was born in 1450, that makes me 560 years old. So I can die. I've lived long enough."

"Do not speak like that." Xander responded firmly. "We are going to find a way to cure you. Please do not give up on yourself."

"You're positivity is both charming and highly annoying." A light cough left her mouth and she took in a deep breath, trying to mask her pain. "But I'm being realistic. I'm going to die. I've accepted that."

Damon walked into the room, catching what she said and rolled his eyes in annoyance. "You know, if you're gonna be morn, I'm just gonna kill you myself just to put me out of your misery." He poured the blood bag he had brought with him into a glass. "Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite."

"Just a little, fatal to a vampire werewolf bite." Rose frowned.

"That is not certain. It's a legend. You might be completely healed by tomorrow and all this time being sad would be a waste." Xander took the glass from Damon's hand and turned around to hand it to Rose. "Drink. It will make you feel better."

Rose sighed and took the glass from him, lifting it up to her lips and taking a drink. As she pulled it back, she nodded her head slowly. "Yeah, it does feel like it's working."

"Let's have a look, come on. Let me see." She turned around and dropped the gown she was wearing from her shoulder. Xander looked over at Damon sadly. It had gotten even worse and had spread even further down her back. It wasn't healing.

"How is it?" Rose asked them.

Xander didn't know what to say. If he should tell her the truth or not. Damon was the one to choose for him. "Definitely... better. Right, Elena?"

The girl stood at the entrance of the room, eyes wide in shock as she took in the bite wound. They all turned to look at her and she stuttered out, "um, it's not bad." Rose dropped her head in exhaustion.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asked.

"He left. I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel but I think that's gonna upset Elijah." Elena said. Xander poured some more blood into Rose's glass and gave it back to her, hoping that would make her feel a little better.