How You Can Overcome Fear What It Is Part 2

Fear can manifest in a very physical way. It makes its presence known when a person starts to shake and become weak.

Others hyperventilate, the heart rate rises, goose bumps may appear, sweating occurs, and blood sugars and white blood cells increase. Nerves may act up, resulting in the 'butterflies in the stomach' syndrome.

When a person is subjected to a continuous state of fear their metabolism along with their organs may be altered. Their behavior can also be changed when faced with fear resulting from a traumatic event or constant danger.

Fear can make a person run away from the situation, hide or even freeze from perceived disturbing situations.

The fight or flight response is much like a deer trying to cross the road and freezes having become caught in a cars' headlights on a road. 

It is not that the deer is blind, but its eyes may be fully dilated to capture as much light as possible, and then they cannot see at all.

This causes them to freeze until their eyes can adjust.

They do not know what to do, so they do nothing except stand there.

Being timid or shy is the same as being fearful. It is not from God because the Father gives us love, power, peace and a well-balanced mind, discipline and self- control.

2 Timothy 1:7 (AMP) tells us that ...

God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but He has given us a spirit of power and of love and sound judgment and personal discipline (abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control.)