Chapter Four: Not so invisible.

Chapter Four:Not so invisible.

-Mila-

Bewildered by the sudden closeness, I scooted backwards, wide-eyed.

"Youou!" I stuttered like a fool.

"You have caused quite some injuries today mister!" I scolded; my cheeks and ears growing hot at the closeness of him. Breaking the eye-contact that he didn’t seem to have a problem with holding, the handsome (rude) boy from before was struggling to contain his laughter, doing one of those ‘half-smiles’ as he curiously stared at me. His laughter just made me feel like a bigger idiot, something I didn’t think possible.

Severely embarrassed I wanted so desperately to get up and leave, but felt my head still doing three-sixties from the collision, despite my best efforts to remain as still as possible.

Sauntering towards me, he held my gaze as he slipped my sleeve from my shoulder, exposing my bare skin.

Trying to monitor my breathing my heart felt like it had come to a standstill as his fingers trailed along the exposed skin.

"Your arm... its swollen." he observed, his eyes holding concern.

 I winced as he trailed his fingers across the bruised area, that throbbed; his closeness not helping how dizzy I felt, and his touch causing me to go a deeper shade of scarlet.

Staring down at the ground I was mortified, not only did he see me running into a wall, but now I was also red as a tomato, my pale complexion unforgiving as always. Trying to remember how to breathe, I covered myself again.

‘Erm, I’ll be alright…’ I mumbled peeking up at him at the same time attempting to sound reassuring, so he’d keep his hands away from my bare skin. 

"Maybe I should take you to the sickbay." He pushed.

Something in his voice made it sound like it was more of a demand than a proposition.

God why him

Not saying anything in return, he simply held out his hand to help me up.

Still a little dizzy I accepted.

Warm, his large masculine hands enveloped both of mine.

So much for keeping those away…

Not expecting him to be quite as strong as he was, I was pulled onto my feet faster than anticipated, in one swift motion. Stumbling forwards, I tried to catch my balance but wasn’t coordinated enough, his hard chest preventing me from making myself look like a bigger ass than I already felt.

Real smooth Mila... I thought horrified, trying to not make direct eye-contact.

Chuckling however, he steadied me before I could injure myself any further.

Subtly looking up at him in humiliation, he locked my gaze, his laughter abruptly stopping as his expression suddenly turned cold. His facial expression suddenly made me feel aware of his arms wrapped around my waist. Unable to look away, I felt every muscle in his body going rigid as he stepped backwards- pushing me away wide-eyed.

Clearing his throat he awkwardly stared at his feet.

“Thanks.” I muttered dryly. Trying to not make direct eye contact, I awkwardly dusted myself; hurt by the gesture. Still just staring at me like I was a circus freak, I knew that I was stupid to have any sort of attraction towards a guy like him.