Episode 1 Part 1

Slugterra. A magical world where people and slugs coexist together, or so, that was what our parents used to say before they disappeared. My name's Regina and I have a little sister named Elizabeth, but I usually call her El for short. It's just me and my sister, growing up without a mother or a father, has been rough for us. Thankfully though, we have our slugs with us.

Flare is an Infernus slug, usually we didn't have to pay for new fuel for cooking because we always had him. Just like a normal Infurnus, he was dark orange in colour with yellow and tan colour markings. They have a small flame patterned belly which is coloured tan. They also have two antennae at the top of their heads, with yellow tips on them. Infurnus slugs have small two tipped flame on top of their heads, going down which is coloured yellow. The only difference would be that he had a scar on his right face, from a recent fight with the stray cats who lived in our neighbourhood.

My other slug is Elipse, I don't really know what kind of slug she is, but she's amazing. My sister also has one and they get along great together, like sisters. My sister on the other hand, named hers Peter Piper, from a childhood tongue twister we use to play. They look somewhat like a purple snake, with it's endearing yellow eyes and cobra like pattern, only thing that didn't make it look like a snake was that it looked like any other slug, with antennas.

Finally, we have Ace, a hoverbug slug, he is very sneaky and likes to steal people's food, including human food. He has blue skin with wings that are purple with turquoise spots and loves to fly around the house, usually he carries secret messages that we make when we have nothing to do in class.

Although we sometimes give them slug food we created, giving them all the nutrients they need, it was hard to find the ingredients needed to make slug food, with us living in the surface and all, but we manage. Working double shifts at a nearby cafe as chefs, we have been living a double life of work and school.

Our parents used to always talk about how they guard Slugterra with the help of a Shane descendant. Surprisingly enough, we go to the same school as the next Shane descendant, only problem is, we never communicate with him because we are a class below him.

But that all changed when he turned 15. My sister had found him snooping around the streets and into a sewer tunnel so we followed him, thinking he was in trouble, which at the time seemed like a good idea.

We found him opening a passageway we had never seen before and continued to follow him, with Flare as our light source, hiding behind different objects so that we weren't spotted. The Shane descendant quickly sat down on the chair before looking at his slug.

"Ready Burpy?" We heard him ask his Infurunus who chirped in excitement as he pressed a button on the chair before plunging down towards a deep dark hole.

Once he dove, we quickly got out of our hiding spots and ran towards the spot where the chair had once been before gazing through the dark abyss.

"Anyone wanna go first?" My sister, Elizabeth, asked as I rolled my eyes before looking at my two slugs, who chirped and nodded before I jumped into the hole. Free Falling to who knows where, quickly followed by my sister and her slugs.

Once I saw ground, I quickly fired my Infurnus slug while Eli fired her Hoverbug using slingshots we created to try and see if we could morph them. Fortunately, they morphed and we each held onto our morphed slugs. Who guided us through the abyss, finally reaching the other side, known as Slugterra.

When slugs reach a specific velocity(100km/h) they morph. For example, Flare, my Infurnus, takes on the characteristics of a phoenix dragon hybrid. When it transforms, it's tail and wings are on fire. Surprisingly enough, however, I didn't get burned while riding him. Eli's Hoverbug, Ace, on the other hand, When he transformed, it looks like a pteranodon with no legs and a beak and can also fly faster than while it is in protoform.