Part 1? Maybe?

The waves crashed hungrily at the sore, consuming whatever lay in its path. Lukas sat quietly, watching from high above on his deck. He had always loved storms and what they might bring up with them, he always found peace in it as the salty water hit his face. That's  why he moved out to the secluded beach in the first place, Although, ironically, he was afraid of being in the water, despite the fact that he enjoyed the scenery. He had nearly drowned years ago and had refused to go further than knee deep ever since. His only living family, his little brother, had moved to Hong Kong to be with his boyfriend, which left Lukas alone, so he had decided to move out to their grandparents old cottage by the sea. He would never admit it, but, while he loved the seclusion, he was lonely and missed having someone around.

At some point he had fallen asleep, the waves crashing on the shore having lured him to the world the dreams. He awoke at the sound of a loud splash. He closed his eyes again, thinking it was just a fish or something, nothing of importance. But then, it happened again and again, until finally, reluctantly, he sat up and walked to the railing. He noticed the rain had stoped and the sea had calmed. Then something caught his eye. His breath hitched as he saw a large, red tail diving back into the water. Even from the slight distance, he was at, he could tell that whatever it was, it was big.

He contemplated going down to investigate or simply brushing it off as him seeing things, but his decision was made as the splash sounded off again. He quickly grabbed a camera— if it was real he was going to have proof— and scurried down the beach. He sat and waited once he was at the edge of the water, his camera pointed to the ocean. He waited and waited but it seemed the creature— whatever it was— had vanished back into the waves. He sighed impatiently as he passed the half-hour mark. He huffed as he stood up and walked over to the rocky cove he had set crab pods in earlier that day, hoping the storm might have brought him some good luck there. If anything he could get a good meal out of it.

The water there was at most a meter in the deepest areas but was relatively shallow for most of it and the perfect place to catch crabs. As he lifted the old carb trap from the water he noticed two, well-sized crabs in the trap and what looked like the shell of one, crushed and completely free of meat, laying on top of it. As he stared down in bamboozlement at it, he heard a small splash. He turned his head to the deeper end of the cove and his heart nearly stopped as he stared at the huge red outline of something under the water. It was much bigger than any shark he had ever seen. Just as he was about to reach for his camera the creature sped off back into the open ocean.

That night he set up a tripod by the crab traps used one of the other crabs as bate. He knew it was more likely a Seagull or something would get to it first but still, he had to try. He felt like he was being watched as he strode back up the stairs of his house. Although he had had a similar feeling ever since he moved in, it was different this time, but not threatening.

That night he dreamt of the stormy waters of that day and what lurked beneath. Strangely enough, he dreamt of a man rather than a monster though. His hair was messy and blond and his eyes shimmered like sapphires and when he smiled sharp teeth took the place of normal, human ones.

Once again he awoke to the sounds of splashing, coming through an open window. He shot up from his bed, running down the stairs to the beach. A flash of red caught his eye and he grinned, he would have his proof. He wasn't quite sure why this made him so giddy, he would gain nothing but a sliver of validation tofrom it, something he had never really cared much for. Perhaps it was his dream that made him hopeful of the possibility that it could be something of... Unexplained origins, like he craved to learn of. His brother and the likes had always called him insane for believing in the possibilities of something of a supernatural power existing, but that never changed his beliefs. Something had saved him that night when he nearly drowned and he knew it wasn't human. Only his grandmother ever believed him and even encouraged him in his beliefs.