Ch. 1

I glanced down to my pack, sighing. We had plenty of food, but what if no warmth comes again? I shuddered when I remembered the house pet I had befriended. Poor guy couldn't make it far. I stood up, barking to my Omega. "Omega, please bring me and Beta a rabbit!"
     He nodded, dragging the dead brown bundles up to my rock. Beta hopped down, coming back up with the two. "Now, it is your turn to grab one, Breeze."
     The hunter walked up to the pile, picking a two plump squirrels. It went down the list, from the highest to the lowest of the pack. This was how it was meant to be. I dug into my rabbit, soon finishing it while the others continued with the picking. Beta rose up, shaking the dust off his pelt. "I'll be back Alpha. I need to head to the river."
     I nodded, watching as he trotted off. Beta was as good as he was bad. Nobody really knew what his origins were, and nobody risked the speech. After we ate, everybody went to their daily routines. "Omega! Can you fetch some more bedding for me and Alpha?"
     Beta had trotted in, looking down at Omega. The small white wolf nodded, dashing outside to do his work. Beta came and laid down with me, licking my ear. We sat in silence, watching the others and what they do. I ended up falling asleep with Beta at my side.

((Hey guys! Sorry for this short chapter! Basically, it's a test run with a new story. So, I haven't wrote a story without characters from fandoms. And, I normally have a, um, a...well supernatural beings. But, again, this is a test run. So, enjoy!))

^^Oh, and please tell me if you like or hate it, thanks!^^