Chapter 1: Love At First Bump

"Ah, man. I can't believe I'm late again!"

Second-year student Sanjo Miemura kept muttering these words to himself as he jogged on his way to school. Apparently, he had just woken up quite late that morning, with his bed hair still sticking up. He did not have enough time to comb it, anyway. But, for Sanjo, that didn't matter. He knew that if he would arrive late on the first day of school, he would be so screwed.

Once he finally arrived, he stopped at the front gate to take some rest. He let out a heavy sigh of relief before he continued walking on his way to the bulletin board in front of the main building. Even if he already knew that he would be in Class A, he still looked for the list anyway. Finally, he found his name in the list of students of Class 2-A. As soon as he checked the room number of his new classroom, he went on his way.

Since his room was at the third floor, of course, Sanjo needed to take the stairs. His bag was pretty light, so there shouldn't be any difficulties at all. It was actually normal for him to use the stairs to go to his room since last year because it was located on the second floor. Sanjo then, began to take the longest flight of stairs he had taken so far.

That was until he bumped unto something. The impact was pretty strong that he almost slipped and fell. Luckily, he was able to grab on the railing with one hand. But then, he felt a strong firm hand holding tightly on his other hand's wrist. But, that was not the only thing that surprised Sanjo.

He didn't bump unto something.

He bumped unto someone .

He looked up and his eyes met the stranger's kind dark blue ones. That was when Sanjo finally realized that the stranger in front of him was the one who was holding his wrist in the last minute attempt of saving him from slipping off the stairs. Huh. Alright.

"I'm sorry. Are you alright?" The sweet and kind voice of the stranger echoed through Sanjo's ears. He could clearly hear the worry in the stranger's voice. Sanjo almost fell for it, like the way he did moments ago. It just sounded too beautiful for him.

"Ah, yeah, I am." Sanjo slowly fixed his posture as the stranger helped him. "I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going."

"It's alright. I wasn't looking either." The unknown student beamed at Sanjo. The smile managed to successfully catch him off-guard as his eyes widened the moment he saw that smile. "Well then, I guess I should better get going."

Sanjo simply watched the student walked downstairs and looked around to his left and right a few times before he continued to walk straight ahead. The student was most likely lost, considering the confused expression visible on his face.

At first, Sanjo wanted to help the student but, he hesitated. Approaching somebody who had basically helped him from preventing his sudden death at the stairs was a very strange idea. Aside from the fact he had just met him, the lost student had this sort of charm that somehow caught Sanjo's full attention. He couldn't seem to divert his attention away from the guy. However, helping and even talking to him again might make things a lot more awkward (and definitely worse) between the two of them.

So instead, Sanjo rushed straight to his classroom, mentally shaking his thoughts of the student off his mind.

-x-x-

As he finally reached his new classroom, Sanjo saw an old classmate of his who was leaning against either side of the door frame. A wide grin was plastered on Shinji Hirokawa's rather handsome face as he greeted his friend by the entrance.

Shinji had been a very supportive friend to Sanjo since they had met in grade school. Shinji had always been at Sanjo's side, and the two of them had been inseparable. One time, it had reached to the point where people thought that Sanjo and Shinji were a couple, but they simply ignored those rumors for a long time.