Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - 2.085 words

Minhyuk's pov

"What did your mother feed you, bricks?!" I muttered in exhaustion as I dragged the plastic bag with the body to my car. The guy I took out was at least twice my size, in both height and weight.

Drop.

Drop.

Drop.

I winced as a raindrop came in touch with my busted lip. "I should've made him walk to the car before I killed him," I thought as I opened the trunk.

My eyes darted from the trunk to the body, back to the trunk, and I groaned. Maybe I should cut him into pieces? That'd make him easier to lift into the truck. But that also meant extra work, and I needed to get out of these woods asap.

The ground became muddy under my feet, making it harder for me to get a grip while I struggled to get the plastic bag containing his body in the car.

After finally fitting him in the trunk I walked to the drivers' side. A heavy sigh left my lips as I sunk back into the seat. This guy really didn't go out without a fight. I grabbed a cloth from the glove compartment and wiped the blood off my knife. It was pouring outside; all the rain would wipe out my tracks. I put my knife and the cloth back in the glove department and started the car.

I parked the car inside the all familiar parking garage. I grabbed my weapons and left the car, leaving the body and keys inside. Someone else, a guy named Jihoon, would take care of that for me, so I called him.

"Car is in the parking garage, black Prius, license plate 38육4101. Body in the trunk."

"Got it," he said before he hung up.

I pulled out the keys to my motorcycle and unlocked it. Putting on my helmet I gave one last look back, before speeding off.

--

A single light was on in the kitchen, just how I left it. I took off my shoes and walked to the fridge. The light shone bright in my face as I searched for an ice pack.

I hissed in pain as it touched my lower lip, closing the fridge.

"Took you long enough," a voice said from behind me. I pulled my gun from the back of my pants and aimed it at the direction of the voice. I let out a loud sigh as the lights went on. "Dramatic much?" I said, putting my gun away.

"What happened? It took you way longer than usual," Jiho, my boss, said.

"Yeah, well, the guy put up a fight. Kicked my gun out of my hands so I had to improvise," I said, taking my knife out of the inside jacket pocket.

"But he's dead, right?" I nodded.

"Good, now another thing," He stood up from the couch. "You're being relocated."

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why? And where to?"

"Seoul. We're short on personnel in the area, so I was instructed to send some of my best there."

"Aw, you think I'm one of your best?" I clutched my heart and smiled.

Jiho snorted. "By default." 

He leaned against the counter. "You need to find your own place within a week, call me when you found something."

"A week is not a very long time, Boss." I squinted at him. "What if I don't find anything?"

"Then you're fired," he shrugged. I stared at him in disbelief. "Nah, just kidding. But you'll be demoted."

"Are you serious?"