Chapter 3

They walked in Jay's house and went in the kitchen to get an bag if peas out of the freezer . He moved her hair out of her face and puts it on her cheek. She put her hand on top of his. She looks up and they look into each other's eyes.

"Ally!"

It was Jay's sister. She's 24.

Aaliyah smiled. "Hey Heidi."

Heidi gave her a side hug. "You doing ok?"

"Yeah, hanging in there."

"Hey, little bro, my little photographer."

He smiled. "Sup sis?"

"Ah nothing. Just came to visit Mom." She looks and whispers, "You know she's getting old."

They all laughed.

"Just because I'm getting old doesn't mean I can't hear very well," Mrs. Robinson said while coming out of the living room.

Heidi walked up to her and hugged her. "Hey Mommy. Where's Dad?"

"He's at work. He'll be home soon."

Aaliyah took the pack off of her face. Mrs. Robinson smiled when she saw Aaliyah. She hugged her.

"Ally, it's been two weeks since I've saw you. Where have you been?"

"Uhh I've been next door. I just haven't came out of the house."

She looked at her children. "Can I talk to her for a minute?"

They leave out.

"Darling, I was thinking....why won't you just move out. You're gonna be 18 soon and you don't have to stay there."

"Oh Mrs. Robinson. I want to, I really do. I even have money stashed in my room. She won't let me leave. She says I'm gonna stay with her forever," she says shaking her head.

"That's not true. Ally, you could go to college and pursue your careers for dancing. You used to talk about it all of the time."

"Yeah, I did," she said. She walked around the kitchen. "When I get the chance to, can I stay here?"

"Oh, of course you can, honey."

Aaliyah hugged her. "Thank you. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. We've been here for you since you were little."

*1 Week Later*

Aaliyah woke up as she heard knocking on her window. She rubbed her eyes. She moaned.

"Go away!" she called out.

They knocked on it again. "Aaliyah! It's Jay!"

She got straight up and fumbled the whole way to the window. She opened the window and rubbed her eyes.

Jay climbed in and gave her a cupcake. "Happy Birthday," he said giving her a hug.

She smiled. "Thanks," she says looking at the vanilla cupcake with white icing. "But my birthday's tomorrow."

"And your point is?" he say smirking.

She smiled.

"The big cake's at the house. You should come and get it."

Aaliyah looks at the clock. "Not now...it's 10:00. It's late."

"Exactly. Soooo you better get dressed so we can go."

"Go where?" she asks.

He smiled and looked at her. "There's a party tonight. I'm going...I want you to come with me."

"I don't wanna do anything for my birthday."

"Why?"

"Because I don't have anyone to spend it with."

He pointed at hisself. "Hello, it's me, Jay. Your best friend. I'll spend any day with you."

She blushed and looked down. She looks back at him. "Fine. I'll go. Only for you though."

He smile grew from ear to ear. "Let's go."