4.

4. 

"Phoenix, honey please get down. I don't want you hurting yourself". Mom called from the bottom of the tree. I liked it up her. I could smell everything and watch the baby birds that just hatched. She was always worried when I climbed trees.

"Mom, i got this". I've been hurt quite a few, just scratches that's all but mom is over protective. She hasn't budged even when I turned 18.

"Get down now or I'll get mom". I was more scared of my other mother, my actual mother.

"Fine, fine I'll get down" I grumbled. This was a safe place for me, for me to think. My room was just like the outside, I had to be apart of the flora or I'd go crazy. Mom was glad for me to be down.

"Go get cleaned up and changed, dinner is almost ready". I gleamed, food was everything.

"I made your favorite" mom said. Mm steak and scalloped potatoes with peas. I dug in right when I sat down.

"So Phoenix, how was school?" Mom asked cutting her steak. I could say it was good and get scolded for not descriptive or just told them what I did.

"Well" i said swallowing. "We really didn't do anything, but get the rubrics and introduce ourselves". I said remembering the day. "Oh that reminds me, I need you guys to sign some things". Raising up our of my seat and grabbing my bag from the bottom of the steps. I pulled out my folder and laid out the papers on the table.

"Pen". Mom said wiping her hands. I pulled out my pants pocket and handed it to her.

"Can I see your schedule". I pulled out my schedule and also handed that to her rolling my eyes.

"I see you're all packed this year". I nodded continuing to eat. They had signed the papers and continued eating.

"Dishes in the dishwasher before bed" mom called from the bathroom. I was on the couch watching a movie when she called.

"Alright" I replied.

~
Grabbing my book bag looking at my phone I knew I was gonna be late. I picked up my bike from the front porch and peddled as fast as I could. Mom didn't wake me up. I know what you're thinking, 'she's 18 and her mom still wakes her up'. Yeah i know but there isn't a day she hasn't.

Locking my bike up I jogged up the steps to school. I looked side to side looking for Rose. She was with her friends with this far off look on her face. I wanted to talk to her but I know she would think i was a nobody and weird, so I kept walking. I eventually reached my first period class