Chapter One

Chapter One

"I will be there in ten minutes," Jamil press the red button on his cell phone. Its 7:30 now and his Dad is on his way to pick him up. Few minutes ago he was in the bathroom taking his shower when the phone rang. Dripping wet with the bar of soap in his hand, he rush to pick it up.

His father going to be mad at him if he is not downstairs and waiting for him, knowing that he had few seconds left, he jump back to the shower, rinse his body with the warm water then dry himself with the towel. He threw the towel to the floor, dash out of the bathroom, into the closet and grab anything that he can put on. Breakfast has never came to his mind as he left his one room apartment.

"You're late," Jam get into the car. "You better change your attitude, you are the boss now you need to show good example to your employees," What a great way to start his day with a lecture from his dad.

The Evans owns a family business. They sell flowers to the town, they are a family of florist and they been selling flowers since the 90's. Mr. Rafael Evans is retiring, he has been running the shop for over three decades. Now at age of 51 he decides that it is time for his eldest son to take over, he has high expectations and he knows that Jam will make him proud.

"So is Reed coming?"

"Yes of course, he will be there," Mr. Evans sighs "He have been accepted to the art school. He wanted to follow his dream which I think is a stupid idea. Jam don't tell your mother I said that, she has been really supportive about Reed's decision."

"He is talented. Have you seen him perform dad? He can really sing and I think it is not stupid if he wanted to follow his dream."

Talking about Reed made him ask himself what is his dream? What are the things he wanted to do? What does he want? Question after question play in his head. His question are left unanswered. What does he wants?

Jam's thought were interrupted when his father mention about Reed's new found love. Love. He finds his answer, he wanted to fall in love, all his life he has sells flowers to couples that he did not realize that he never fall in love before. Everyday couples walk in and out of the shop buying bouquets of roses and the pink balloons. They left the shop with smiles and joy on their faces. He wants to love somebody.

The car came to a stop in front of the shop. The journey was full of tips and advice on how to run the place from his father.

"Are you sure you don't want my help?"

"Don't worry dad I got everything covered."

"Well no all of it," Mr. Evans pointed at Jam's pants.

Jam turn red in embarrassment when he notice that his fly has been open for the entire journey. He quickly zip up his pants and jump out of the car. He made a mental note to wake up early tomorrow so that accidents like that will not happen.

"Next time wear boxers or something."

"Goodbye dad." After that incident he really want his dad to go.

"Call me if you need help."

"Bye dad"

The car drive away to the distance. Jam stand infront of the shop staring at the big words colored in red. Flora. The shop is his now and he want everything to be perfect for his first day as the boss. Just as he step closer to the door, he puts his hand over his pants to check if he really zip it. Clearly he does not want his workers to see his junk. He is trying to sell flowers not hot dogs. Feeling safe he push the door and start his new day.