Impractical Love (A Harry Styles Love Story)

Hiya! Thanks for even looking at my story, hope you enjoy it! By the way there is more to come so just wait :) ~Kez<3

"No, Elliot! Just no!" I hopped down off the kitchen counter and headed for my bedroom. Elliot stood Infront of me blocking my path, his athletic physique taking up the hallway

"Why are you not excited? We get a new life, maybe I'll meet a girl and maybe you'll stop moaning" He said running his fingers through his hair and letting me past "Because we don't even know who dad's marrying!" I shout and slam my bedroom door in his face "We know her name is Anne!" He shouts back. I hear him sliding down my door and sitting aginst it. I know he means well but he doesn't understand, he's only 15 normally I have to take charge seeing as mum couldn't care less. She can barely save any money, who am I kidding she can't save money, she's had countless jobs infact I'm pretty sure she know everyone at the Job Centre by name, she's a wreck. Now dad says she isn't in a fit state to live with, yeah, well I knew that ages ago.

But I suppose I haven't introduced myself yet have I? I'm Kyla Hammond, 17 years old, I live in Blackpool, England, I have Blue eyes and shoulder length curly hair. I live with my brother Elliot and I did live with my parents if you can even call them that, Dad tried his best but in the end he left, Mum never tried not ever. Now they are getting divorced, Elliot and I keep being shipped from relative to relative. I just want it all to stop.

I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling anything seemed interesting at the minute I was trying to block out the sound of mum arguing with Elliot "I don't bloody care mum!" I heard him shout and a door slam then the constant sobs of mum. I sat up on my bed and saw a bag that dad had left the other day I never got a chance to look at what was in it I stretched over to the end of my bed and grabbed it, tipping the contents out onto my duvet "One Direction...? Really Dad?" I laughed picking up a hoodie and a cd "Suppose it might work as something to keep the fire going" I threw it back into the bag along with the cd and some bracelets. I started to worry about Elliot and slowly I got up to open my door "Mum?" I whisper "Kyla!" She runs to hug me and sobs into my shoulder. "Sooner I get out out of here the better" I sigh "Where did Elliot go?" I say trying to push her off me "Oh Kyla! Please don't blame me he ran out!" She sobbed into my shoulder again "Mum! Look I'm not blaming you just let me go and find him ok?" I lifted my mobile, she nodded.

I walked outside closing the door behind me, the crisp night air nipped at my bare arms, I shivered and walked along the pavement kicking a cola can as I went. This seemed to go on forever I passed a group of kids on the beach having a bonfire party "Kyla?" Someone walked up behind me and grabbed my stomach, I gasped "Oh Sam It's you! You scared the life out of me! Idiot" I hit him playfully. Sam was my long time friend from school we had known eachother since we were small and he was always there for Elliot. "What're you doing?" He said walking along with me "Well Mum and Elliot had a fight so he ran away he's so naive sometimes" I say looking around for any sign of life "No he's not he's just a 14 year old trying to cope with his parents divorce." Sam sigs wrapping his jacket around my shoulders "Thanks but, I'm no-" I stop "You are cold so just shut up and take it" He laughs. "Elliot!?" I shout running up to a bundle on a bench "You're such a idiot!" I say hugging him "We're going to dad's now."

I walked home with Sam and Elliot without saying a word. We arrived at my front gate "El you go and get your stuff just bring everything and I'll be in give me a second" I hugged him "We'll be fine you know?"

"Yeah I know" He laughed and walked inside. "Where're you headed?" Sam asked curious, "My dads place he lives in White Chapel, Chesire" I turn to go inside "Well I'll miss you" Sam flicked his blonde hair and pulled me into a hug "Yeah Sam I'll miss you too" I smiled and buried my head into his neck before handing him his jacket and walking inside "Bye Sam" I say shutting the door. I ran to my room and grabbed all my stuff even the bag full of One Direction things, the lot.

We arrived late that night I basically had to drag Elliot up through White Chapel after we got off the bus until we stopped outside a red brick, semi detached house"Well this is the address he gave me" I say looking round at Elliot who was falling asleep against the entrance pillar "Y-yeah" He yawned dragging himself up the drive and knocking the door. Our Dad answered yawning in his dressing gown . I explained everything "Mum's a mess we couldn't stick it anymore any longer" I sat down on my suitcase whilst he looked us up and down "No, no its fine but Elliot will have to share with Anne's son, he has a spare bed in his room and Kyla you can have the spare room" He yawned and slumped down the drive to get Elliot's things I lifted mine inside. By this time Anne was awake with a cup of tea for us "Thank you" I smile and take it off her "I'm Anne and you Must be Kyla and Elliot?" She smiled and sipped her tea "Yes, nice to meet you" I yawned and shook her hand, Elliot did the same. "Oh love you both must be tired" She laughed and gestured us both upstairs. "I think I like it here" Elliot said opening the door to the bedroom he was staying in "Yeah? Well I wouldn't speak too soon but so far so good" I opened the door to the spare room.

I woke up to a pair of piercing green eyes staring at me. "Hiya, I'm Harry" He stood up. Wait what? That was Harry Styles. "Why haven't you attacked me yet?" He said raising his eyebrow "I don't really attack people plus I'm not into your music" I sat up in the bed "Oh" He sighed and looked away "I mean I like your music it's.." I dragged off "I'm kidding!" He grinned and walked over to my door "Coming?" He smirked "For breakfast" He opened the door wide "Oh yeah" I turned myself around in the bed and put my slippers on before dragging myself downstairs. I walked into the kitchen "Have a nice sleep?" My dad chuckled without taking his eyes off the battered newspaper he was reading. I glared at him "Dad," I sighed "I don't fancy Harry". Anne handed me a bowl of Coco Pops and one to Elliot who had just walked through the door "Thanks" He smiled sitting down at the table and conversing with Dad.

"Um.. I'm uh going out later do you want to come?" Harry looked at me with the puppy dog eyes "Yeah" nodded "Alright I will" Truth was I couldn't have said no to that face even if I wanted to.

We walked out the door at exactly 1:17 p.m. I knew that because Harry was getting me to take pictures with his phone for him. "kyla! I haven't had a picture with the lamp post yet!" He climbed to the top of a lamp post and swung around it "Be careful!" I shouted at him