Cloud Nine

I was atop the highest cloud in the sky, looking down at the world. Everyone looked like little ants, running around everywhere.

I heard a car alarm in the distance and saw some birds fly past, I layed back letting the fluff of the cloud envelop me. I opened my eyes to see a plane fly over me slowly, I waved to a little kid in the fifth row who saw me and waved back, then turned to tell his mom.

I ran a hand through my silky, golden locks looking off at the next cloud, in the distance I could see a figure running across the clouds, jumping as if it were trying to catch a butterfly. As if butterflies are this high.

I put a hand on my forehead, guarding my eyes from the sun so maybe I could see better. I couldn't see any better so curiosity got the best of me and I started running towards the figure.

As I jumped over from my cloud to the next the figure stopped, I couldn't tell if it was looking at me or not but I'm sure I looked like a lunatic running at them at full speed. At one point I tripped over a random fluff of cloud.

As I picked myself up dusting off, the figure started moving towards me slowly. I reluctantly walked towards it too, putting my hand to my forehead to block the sun again, as it moved closer it slowly came into focus so I could see a bit better.

As it got closer I could see it was a guy, a guy with dark hair and tan skin. He gave me a warm smile when he stopped a foot away from me, making my heart flutter. I'd never seen him before but for some reason it felt like I knew him from somewhere.

He reached a hand out without any words and took mine in his, brought it up to his lips and gave it a soft peck. He looked up at me with his dark eyes meeting mine as he inched closer.

He ran a hand up my body and layed it to rest in my hair, twirling it with his fingers. He brought his free hand up to my face, tracing it from my cheek to my chin, stopping at my bottom lip, tracing it with his thumb softly as he leaned down and layed his forehead on mine.

I closed my eyes waiting for what I knew was coming next, only when I didn't feel anything I opened my eyes and I was staring at my livingroom wall from the couch. I guess it was all a dream.

You've reached the end of published parts.

⏰ Last updated: Oct 14, 2018 ⏰

Add this story to your Library to get notified about new parts!

Cloud Nine