Chapter nineteen

She chooses to completely ignore the call, but Gracelyn's expressions said everything she was thinking. But as if that wasn't enough, she jumped up from her seat and made this big gesture with her hands as if she was screaming why. Then, she did.

"WHY. WHY WOULD HE DO THIS. GOD HES SUCH AN IDIOT. HOW AM I RELATED TO HIM?!? I SWEAR IM GOIMG TO- NO THATS NOT EVEN PAINFUL ENOUVJ IM GOING TO-IM- "

She paused in her yells and stood with a blank face, obviously she was thinking hard about this.

"WELL I DONT KNOW WHAT KM GOING TO DO BUT WHEN I DECIDE ITS GOING TO BE RUDE.."

She then just falls onto her bed in an over exaggerating way and kicks her legs in the air

"I swear when that boy gets back from hi- AND HOW dARE HE NOT EVEN TELL ME HE WAS TALKING TO A GIRL? IM MAD AGAIN AUDREY OM mAd"

I couldn't help but laugh at the scene playing out infront of me. Grace's little fits like this always made me laugh, everything she does is so humorous.

"Grace you should calm do-"

"OH NO MAAM DONT YOU. COME ON."

She then stands up and pulls my hand, yanking me towards the door with her

"Um where are we going?"
I ask in confusion, with slight concernment showing in my voice

"My stupid brothers house."
She pulls me down the stairs and I just stop walking immediately

"Um Grace"

She looks at me and puts her hands on her hips sassily
"Don't you dare stop walking Missy! Come on!"

I stand still. "Um, Grace"

"What are you waiting for woman?!? You're not backing out!"

"No, Grace-"

"WhAt?"

"Shouldn't you put on, like, clothes"

"....right."

So she goes into her closet, marching away sassily yet again. And then comes out in a pair of jeans and a grey and black nike jacket.

"I have fixed myself I am ready now come on"

"You can't drive"

"You can"

"I don't have a car"

"We do"

"I'm not taking your moms car"

"AUDREY WE HAVE TO GO SOMEHOW I AM NOT GIVING YOU AN OPTION SO YOU BETTER CALL A TAXI"

I look at her like she's crazy, because she is. But I know for sure that she's not going to let me get out of it, nor post pone it.

I sigh as I look at her "how are we even going to get there? You know your parents won't let you or me out of this house"

Her confidence fades away slightly and then she perks up. "Get your bag. Look. We'll just stay in Zach's room tonight since he's not here. I do that anyways sometimes so it won't be crazy. My mom and dad go to sleep early and whenever I'm over there they never come, neither does Ariana. So, we just sneak out the window"

I nod as I follow her down the stairs quietly. Whispering back "that still doesn't solve how we GET there. It's a 30 minute drive. That's gonna be a forever walk."

"Then we call someone, duh. Or we take a car. But I think calling someone would be safer. But I don't know how someone would just show up without my parents knowing"

"We could walk to the end of the street? Then whoever could just pick us up from there. They wouldn't even notice."

"Audrey Layce tanner this is why I love you."

"Gracelyn Rose James who is going to pick us up anyways"

"That's a good question"

"What about Jacob?"

"Jacobs grounded"

Wow shocker.

"What about Eva?"

I suggest as we continue walking towards her street. There's not many choices we have right now if I'm being honest.

Grace was about to say something until we heard "walking disaster" by sum 41 playing loudly and a familiar red truck driving through

Jordan

Grace looked at me as if we were both thinking the same thing. She immediately began waving her hands trying to get his attention and I dialed his number. This wasn't the first time we've done something like this.

He picked up his phone and his truck slowed just a tiny bit.

"Whatsup lil-B"
"Can you come to Gracelyns house"
"Uh yeah? I'm passing there now. Why?"
"Are you going home?"
"Yeah I ju-why the hell are you guys standing on the road"
"Can you bring us somewhereeee"

Just that time he stops in front of us and rolls his passenger window down. He has one eyebrow raised as he runs his hand through his hair.

"As if I would deny taking two extremely attractive girls anywhere. Get in"

He flashes a grin/smirk at us and chuckles while opening the door

"I always knew that one of you would be calling me and wanting to get in here. I just didn't think it'd be at the same time"

I take the front seat and Grace takes the back, I can practically feel her rolling her eyes. Probably because I'm doing the same.

He laughs a little and shakes his head "I'm kidding. Unless you actually want to, the I was totally serious. But where am I taking the two lovelies?"

"Zach's house" Grace speaks up. Jordan nods and chuckles.

The drive there was quick and full of Jordan's random little comments, Gracelyn being confused about half of them, and me laughing at Jordan trying to explain them to her.

Jordan is a hoe sometimes, but he is an adorable hoe. I've gone this whole time without checking my phone until I look down and I see Lucas's only message's to me being

•4:56pm- Did you have fun today?
•4:59pm- DUDE I JUST FINISHED THIS ANIME AND YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT ITS SO GOOD
•5:01pm- AUDREY WATCH ITTTT
•5:20pm- Dude Can you answer me now, I need your help
•5:30pm: Audrey please it's important
•5:45pm: She broke up with me dude.....
•6:00pm:I really need you right now

I immediately feel a pang of guilt. Had I really not paid attention to any of those?

"It's been a pleasure sweetheart, and a joy darling. But I believe we've reached our destination"

He kisses my hand after sweetheart, and Grace's hand after darling. I look up to see we're right I front of Zach's house

"Thank you Jordan" we both chime out to him as we get out of his truck. He smiles and drives off soon after.

Before I realize it, Grace is already walking to The door.