Chapter 1: Confession

Jims P.O.V

It was our second to last week of school together before we graduated, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house, except me. There was only a select handful of people I would miss, and only a few that would miss me. I'd gotten neglected, bullied, and made fun of by the class all year, and now everyone was crying because we're leaving, and no one was crying over me.

The only people I was sad to see go was my two best friends and two other girls. My best friends were a tall boy who was being overall emotional and a smaller boy who was trying not to show any emotion but was still sad to see everyone go. The two girls previously mentioned were an awkward and loud girl, who was my best friends sister, and her best friend who cared about homework more than anyone in the class. [1]

I had been attracted to the first girl for many months at this point, and I was unfortunate not to be able to talk to her every day anymore. I went to go confessed to her, but then the tall best friend went over to her and hugged her. I could faintly hear her say "you've been a really great friend. ill miss you."

I'd never been jealous of anyone in my life before then but when he hugged her my heart sank. I tried to not think of it much because he was hugging everyone, but what she said stuck in my mind for the rest of the day.  

______15_MIN______

At this point, people were leaving and saying their goodbyes; even I was starting to get sad. Her mom was at work, and she needed a ride home, so my mom was gonna drive her. Before he left she gave my tall best friend one more big hug, while this pained me to see, I knew what I'd had to do. 

We were in the car driving home, and we were silent, to get rid of the tension I decided to show her some memes. She seemed to enjoy it, but something still felt off. 

I needed to tell her

she got out of my car, I was running out of time. "m-mom can I say something to her before we go?" 

"sure," my mom said confused

 I got out, this was my last chance, "H-hey um..." I said to her awkwardly

"yeah?" she said confused

"I um really like you!!" oh god what was I saying!!! 

but before she could respond, I said: "just kidding!!" 

"hehe yeah, alright bye," she said with an even more confused face

No, I had lost my chance, my one chance...

Authors Note

[1] I don't want to reveal the names of anyone but the two main characters to give it a more journal-like feel, because if its a journal for your self you wouldn't say people names. Her reference to the girl he's attracted to and He refers to his tall best friend in most situations