What Really Happened (Grivine)

*Takes Place after the finale of The Voice*

*Christina's POV*

"Adam I know you care about me and believe in me so much. But I honestly can't believe what you just did out there. You'll never understand how big of an impact you have on my career. I can't believe you said you'd sign me!" I said with tears of joy in my eyes.

"I really do believe in you!" he replied. "There's no one else I'd rather do this for than you." He stepped in closer and took my small wrist in his hand. "You're special Christina. You're different. I know you will change the worlds lives like you changed mine."

My head was completely spinning at this moment. I barely remember what even happened out there on that stage all I know is there's someone here for me standing right here. And he believes in me and just gave me one of the most amazing gifts I could have ever asked for, as it just so happens that it's Adam Levine! This was crazy!

I felt an overwhelming feeling. I was extremely exhausted and joyful and surprised. Yet all I wanted to do was thank Adam for what he'd just done for me out there in front of the whole nation. So I pulled him in close and hugged him tightly. He returned my embrace. We'd shared many hugs in the last few months. I'd be lying if I'd sometimes wondered if they meant more than just our close friendship but I knew I shouldn't think that way. But this time it WAS different.

He let me go and I was standing so close I could still feel his body heat from his chest radiating out on my face. I looked up at him and he was giving me the same look I'd seen him give me only a few other times. The first time I saw this look was when I performed "Hold On We're Going Home" on the show. I got it again in a few other performances, and a few times during rehearsals. But he was always so careful to shrug me off when I asked him 'Why are you looking at me like that?'

But not this time. He held his gaze, so I asked again.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

He didn't change his facial expression, he just took his hand and brushed my bangs from my eyes and replied,

"Because someone like you deserves to be looked at like this every single day! You don't know how important you are to me."

My lips crashed into his. I have no idea why. No one had ever spoke to me like that. Like I was the only person they'd ever seen. The only person they cared about. Why was I kissing him I thought. What if he only thinks of me as a child? Compared to him I am. But I felt him, he was kissing me back. Not like Bobby used to kiss me. Not like anyone had ever kissed me. His lips were warm. His right hand was tangled in my hair and his left rested lightly on the small of my back, pulling me closer every second.

With his lips he parted mine. Taking in my bottom lip, and kissing it softly. Then moving to my top lip to do the same. My tongue pushed to find his, making a warm feeling settle in my lower stomach. I'd felt this once, when bobby and I had almost gone too far while making out.

"Uhmm!"

I heard a door slam. It was Bria! My hands flew from Adams waist like they had caught fire and my cheeks turned instantly red.

"Bria, yeah what is it?"

"It's everyone freaking out wondering where you two ran off to. You guys have press to do! Remember?"

"Yes we do!" Adam replied to her. "We better get going or someone might think something's wrong!"

But wasn't something wrong. Surely this thing was frowned upon. Kissing your coach. Except he wasn't my coach anymore. But still, this couldn't have happened. Adam grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door, but when I got close enough to Bria she grabbed my other hand.

"You better let me take that Adam." Bria said laughingly. She eyed me slyly. "We don't want anyone thinking too much has been going on between to two do we?" She questioned.

Before Adam could get a single word out I answered for the both of us!

"You're most definitely right! I'll just walk with her!"

I didn't get much time to study his face but I thought I'd almost seen him wince. But I was probably reading him wrong.

The whole 2 hours of press we did was awkward. I sat right next to Adams side the entire time, but tried my hardest not to make eye contact. It was hard trying to retain how strongly I felt about him just as a human being during press because every question he was asked he was sending me nothing but praise. Did he honestly think those things about me? I had no idea, but I really didn't need to stick around and find out. I was so much younger than him. This would ruin him. I would ruin him what was he thinking? He wasn't obviously. Or maybe I was thinking too much!

As soon as we finished I Ieft my seat in a hurry. I walked straight to Bria grabbed her hand and whispered lowly "Let's go! Now!" She followed me with no protest and didn't speak a word until we were in my hotel room!

"Christina.." She said softly.

"Look Bria I know what you're gonna say. I made a stupid mistake okay. I wasn't thinking. I just let all these random emotions take over my thoughts and I collapsed okay. And no funny remarks about 'haha yeah you collapsed right on his lips', because it isn't funny. I've thought about these things the whole season but never acted on them because I know I could ruin him. It was a huge mistake. I know!" I took a deep breath.

I was starting to get light headed from talking so much, and running around. I was packing my things as quickly as possible. Then Bria came over and sat me down on the bed and looked at me with the most serious face I'd seen her make since we had became friends.

"Actually hermit, what I was going to say is that I know you. You're the most honest and level headed girl, no woman that I know. You always have good reason behind the things you do. And in the end you always make the best decision you could make and still stay true to who you are." She looked down at my hands, which I was now fidgeting with and put one of her hands on both of mine and looked back at me. "If you kissed him I can almost promise that it's because you have real feelings somewhere in there for him and knowing you, well chances are that you've thought about it before. So just because this is something unusual for you, doesn't mean you have to blame it on bad judgement or mixed emotions. Because I'm pretty sure you know EXACTLY how you feel about him, and how he feels about you."

My eyes starred blankly at her, tears teeming and toppling over the edge. I was speechless. Because she was 100% right.