Two Halves

There was once a world not far from our own. Everyone knew about it- yet no one did. People would pass this world every day, all day, but never paid it any mind. But the being living in this world didn't mind, they enjoyed being able to do as they wished among themselves without being looked down upon.

The Prince of this magical land was quite contempt with himself and everyone around him, believing everything was as it was, and was as great as things would get. He would smile, laugh, and play, not having a care in the world. He would go on adventures with the ones he cared for, and never came back empty handed or without new knowledge.

Sadly, one day, the Prince was sent away from his Haven. He didn't mind , he thought it a new adventure. But, as he treked on to discover the mystery of this new world and all it's creatures, he realized... it wasn't as wonderful as home. There were many creatures that didn't have wings like he did, or at least none that he could see. They didn't play; and they didn't seem to smile or laugh much either. For the first time, he felt alone- not to mention homesick. 

But right when he was convinced he was alone, and for the first time his adventure seemed fruitless, he came upon a creature not too differen't from him. For the first time since beginning his journey, he found a creature with wings. The wings weren't large or marvelous- they were small and simple. This intrigued him- he thought he'd finally found the unnamed jewel he'd been looking for.

He aproached the creature, speaking slowly so not to startle her "Hello, I'm the prince of a realm not far from yours. Would you like to come home with me?" He gestured for the creature to come forth, not wanting to waste any time. He felt this was the best he could find- at least he thought.

The creature smiled at him, a small smile, but one of the best he'd recieved so far. "I'll come with you," she said, "if you give me a reason to follow." The Prince thought long and hard about what reason to give. "My home is a wonderful place, with fun and laughter!" he chimed, hoping the idea of a world much better than this would be reason enough. The creature simply shook her head, and he went on thinking.

After many fruitless attempts at convincing the creature to come with him, he started falling back into the old feeling of hopelessness. He paced around, hoping it would help stimulate his brain. While walking around, he came upon a broken stone, in an odd shape he didn't recognize. This intrigued him- was this what he was looking for?

He quickly ran back to the creature and kneeled before her, holding up the two halves of rock. "We aren't all that different, you and I." He whispered, only loud enough for her to hear. "We both look for reasons. I've searched through this whole dimmension of yours, in search of that one reason." He leaned closer, his eyes shining. "You, are my reason." He pieced the two, once whole stones together, holding them out to her. "And, when I came upon these stones, I found I wanted more than ever to be your reason as well." The creature smiled, taking the stones into her hands gently, being careful to keep them together. "I will go with you... but only as long as these two halves are one."

The Prince chuckled, standing slowly and holding his hand out to her. "The halves will be one no matter what, even when physically apart, as long as you're with me." With that, the creature left with the Prince, but not back to his realm. They began their own little world, where two halves would always be considered whole. He'd found more than an interesting creature after all, but his other half as well.