Getting Home

"Oh, this is going to be so much fun, Love," Ash stated, his voice sounding exactly like Jay's. He was, after all, fully in control of her body. She stood up, her now blood red eyes looking behind her before she raised one of the huge ice wings into her view. "Bloody hell, this is fantastic..." he muttered, a grin spreading across his lips before he looked down at her hands. 

Get out of my body, you piece of trash! 

"Shut up, your voice is annoying. Wait, I'm talking in your voice! HA HA!!!" She clapped her hands excitedly, laughing maniacally before dropping to the ground with her hands on her head. "I JUST WANTED TO SEE HER AGAIN! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!"

Hey, calm down alright? We're both in my body, so let's not get crazy here! She attempted to try and retake over her body, imagining herself moving her own limbs before suddenly she was in control. Jay felt an overwhelming sadness as Ash seemed to sink into the back of her mind, releasing the reigns of control to her. She shivered slightly, finally having a chance to realize just how royally fucked she was. They were literally on an alien planet made of ice and snow with only one way off...through Ash's magic. 

Maybe she could create a portal herself? She had never tried, but now with Ash's magic absorbed into her, she might be able to do it. 

Jaylynn started walking towards where the portal had once been, hoping that being in the same spot as before might help her. As she walked closer, she began to step over dead bodies of the giants, occasionally seeing a green and gold dagger sticking out of their chests. That's when she remembered that Loki most definitely believed her to be dead. That they all believed her to be dead. 

At least you have a family. Came Ash's agitated voice. 

"Right...yes...sorry," She said quietly, walking over to one of the bodies. Sticking out of it was a long green, gold, and silver-hilted rapier. She grabbed the handle, yanking it out of the giant's chest with a disgusting squelching noise before holding it out in front of her. There was Asgardian writing on the blunt edge of the sword, the letters glowing gold before the sword seemed to turn to glowing gold mist. The smoke spiraled around her bare wrist, finally settling on her skin in...shimmering green ink. Jay looked at it confusedly, touching the rapier tattooed into her skin with her fingers. 

It's an Asgardian technique used by warriors. It's easier to store weapons like that. 

"Oh...uhm, thanks," she would have to get used to this whole 'sharing a mind' thing. 

Yes, you will.

"Oh, stop now," she hissed, glaring at...well, she kind of just glared in front of her. Hopefully, he got the message-

I did, thanks.

Jay rolled her eyes, hugging her cloak a bit tighter around herself as she continued walking. 

Mate, could you raise the wings? They're dragging behind you.

"What?" She looked behind her, and basically laying limp on the ice were the two huge wings. They had both made deep indents in the ground, but she hadn't noticed them. "How do I, uhm...move them?" 

Ugh...you're helpless. Just act like they're another set of arms, dummy. 

Her fingers twitched as she listened to his advice, and slowly...very slowly...the extra limbs raised. The wings trembled slightly at the new movement, but eventually she got used to the new weight. Despite being solid ice filled with her magic, they actually weren't that heavy. Jay managed to hold them against her back in a slightly awkward position that didn't quite feel right, but then again, she had never had wings before. They squeaked against each other as the ice crystals rubbed together, but surprisingly, they didn't scratch at all. 

Choosing to worry about the science behind the wings when she was in a cozy lab back in New York with her friends and family, she continued on. Her footsteps made gross squishing noises as she stepped in puddles of blood, the sound and smell of the whole place making her want to barf. 

Gods, you're so weak. You can't even take the smell of death.

She rolled her eyes before looking to the left to see the large quin jet that she and Loki had taken here. Or at least, a few parts of it. Most of it was underwater, as it had burst into flames and melted through the ice. The detached metal wing was laying a few yards away from the hole, the machine gun sitting on the ground as well, the five barrels still smoking at the tips. 

After getting past all of the carnage strewn around the icy terrain, she finally reached a small circle where the portal used to be. She had sort of seen how Ash had done it, so she tried to copy his motions. She pointed her finger at the spot, attempting to focus all of her energy to her hand. Her fingertips sparked blue before somehow turning transparent. Jay's eyebrows shot up in surprise as she looked down at her now completely ghosty hand with confusion. 

"What the..." she muttered, pursing her lips as her skin turned back to a solid. "Ok, help, please. I can't open a portal thingy..." 

Absolutely helpless. Try focussing your energy on where you want the portal to open, not to your hand.

This time, she did exactly that, and her eyes widened as a circle in front of her sparked to life. Rays of blue light shot off of it, a wonderful heat radiating from the edges of the portal. But...the center was pitch black. 

Think about where you want to go, dumbass. 

The portal disappeared as she readjusted her footing, rubbing her hands together to try and heat them up. Finally, she tried again, her eyes blazing blue before a glowing cyan orb appeared in front of her. She closed her eyes, imagining a doorway that leads to Earth...to the Avengers tower. Carefully opening her eyes while still picturing the tower. The image in the middle of the hole wasn't very clear, but it was there. She smiled slightly, taking a step forwards and through the portal. 

She felt a rush of cold air, reminding her of her home in a remote area of London. 

The street to her house through a field popped into her head, and suddenly she was there.

And then, bright headlights followed by an extremely loud honking and the sound of screeching tires.