Mommy?

I was 4 when I saw it. My Mother, becoming sad. At the time I of course I didn't know what depression was. But she slowly and slowly was giving up. Oh I forgot to tell you, I am Sid Anni Dorson. Whenever I asked my mom if we could go to the park she would always say "I'm too tired honey, tomorrow." She started coming home late at night. I thought she had just gotten another job but oh, was I ever so wrong. She started to have purple spots around her eyes. But I thought that was just a new make up look.

One night I woke up to loud shouting. I was scared, I thought there was someone in our house. But when I heard my mother and fathers voices going back and forth like dogs I knew it was something worse. I didn't want to go into the living room, I was too scared. So I cracked my door to peek in the living room just a bit. And there I saw it. My father, raising his hand to my mother. Not like a high five. But like, a hard way. I heard my mothers blood weeping scream.

Tears started to drop from my eyes when he beat her repeatedly. My mother screaming for help. I felt my world break. I loved my mom like a child loves candy. I felt helpless, I couldn't do anything. I decided to run into the living room. "STOP DADDY STOP!" I screamed. He wouldn't stop. My mother weakly said "Sid...I..love..y-y-you." She then blacked out. I fell to the ground weeping, screaming "MOMMY,MOMMY" repeatedly.

Our neighbors rushed in the house with the cops. Their faces, looks of horror, shock, disgust, and anger. As police cars lined up a cop came and took my father away. Another one with a name tag saying "Teddy" took me away. He said "Honey, everything will be alright." Then hugged me. They took me to my grandmothers house. She was one of the most dearest people in my heart. She then tucked me into bed and went to sleep with me. Whispering in my ear "It's okay...".