C H A P T E R T W O

Thor consulted Jane to the physicians in Asgard. Although they are the best, they seem to not know what is within Jane that makes her cast out force whenever somebody touches her. He looked worriedly to his beloved. He keeps smiling, assuring that everything will be alright.

"My words are mere noises to you that you ignore them completely?" Odin reminded their conversation during the festivity as he entered the room.

"She's ill." Thor insists. Odin walked closer to him. 

"She is mortal. Illness is their defining trait. She does not belong here in Asgard anymore than a goat belongs at a banquet table." Jane sits up and look up at Thor.

"Did he just? Who do you think you are?" she asked the man who had looked at her so lowly, not knowing that she's speaking to the King.

"I'm Odin. King of Asgard. Protector of the Nine Realms." Jane found herself speechless. The man who she has 'disrespect' was a royalty. 

Thor keeps convincing to let her stay because there is something within her that only Asgard can meet her needs. The Allfather commanded the guards to bring the woman back to Midgard. Thor warned them not to touch her but they're send off hitting the Asgardian walls. 

"That's impossible." Odin inspects the energy force running through Jane's body and realizes it's the Aether.

"Come with me." Odin taking them to a place which stores an ancient book.

"There are relics that predate the universe itself. What lies within her appears to be one of them. The Nine Realms are not eternal. They had a dawn as they will have a dusk. But before that dawn the dark forces, the Dark Elves, reigned absolute and unchallenged." He flips the pages as he explains the powerful artifact.

"Born of eternal night, the Dark Elves together with some unknown alliances, comes to steal away your light." Thor reads the book. It dawns at him that his mother used to tell these stories to them as a child.

Odin mentioned Malekith. The creator of the weapon born out of darkness. It was fluid and ever changing. It changes matter into dark matter and seeks out to host bodies, drawing strength from their life force. The Dark Elves ruler sought to use the Aether to return the universe to one of darkness. Bor, Odin's father, brought an end to the bloodshed and ushered peace that lasted until now. 

"Does your book happen to mention how to get it out of me?" Jane asked, hoping it has a remedy.

"No, it does not." Odin closed the book. He was about to walk away when he saw the guards he commanded was there, carrying a woman.

¤¤¤

"The Realms will be aligned soon. You'll be the last of the Kursed." Malekith takes out a knife and turns to Algrim and stabbed him.

"You will become darkness, doomed to this existence until it consumes you and then no power of our enemies will stop me." One of the dark elves handed a molten rock in Malekith's hand and placed it inside Algrim's stomach.

"Let my life be sacrificed. The same as our people.I'll destroy their defenses and resurrect the universe." Algrim was given a mask and a task to take cover and sneak to the Asgardian palace.

"How about-" The resurrected dark elf was interrupted by Malekith. Looking at him with a death glare.

"No. My child, teach him a lesson." The rest of the elves scurried away and put the elf where the rock was melted. The screams were a melody to Malekith's ears. He did that not because he wants to show how cruel he is, it was to prevent their secret from leaking out.