It's My Turn

Unhappy girl lays in the open field and stares up into the sky. Flocks of birds pass by until night falls. She stands, dusts herself off and walks a mile to arrive at the house of her suffering.

"You stupid girl, where have you been?" The palm of her mother's hand sharply fly's across her cheek and a bright red mark is left there. With a trouping cheek, she flees to her room. Tears flow down her face but just as soon as they came, they dry out.

She has dinner with her parents and washes the dishes. After doing her homework, she sits silently in the dark and looks at the darkness until her eyes finally fall shut.

Five years later, she graduates from High School but like always her parents weren't there to celebrate her achievements. Arrives at the home she wishes to forget and packs her stuff. Looking around the house she tries to remember the good memories made but the only memory she has is of when she was five and her mom brought her a bicycle.

She's about to leave the door when she remembers that she needs to leave a piece of her pain behind for her parents to find. And so she writes a letter that reads:

I've suffered for too long in this house. I now appreciate the heartache and pain you both caused me as it will help me turn this place and you into rubble. Thanks for never being there and always making me feel worthless.
Now it's my turn to make you feel how I did.