Chapter 9

" Let me know if you need anything," Niall tells me. He is really a sweet guy, why does he hang out with Liam so much?

" Can you help me find Steph? " I ask him and he starts to laugh. His hand moves up to the air he points into the next room. I hear me gasp as i spot her. She, Along with two other girls are dancing on a table in the living room. A drunk guy climbs up and joins them, his hands gripping Stephs hips. I expect her to smack his hands off but she just smiles and pushes her bottom against him. Oh.

" They are just dancing, Shy " Niall smiles and gives a quick chuckle at my uneasy expression. They aren't just dancing, they are groping and grinding each other.

" Yea.. I know." I Say even though it's not as causal to me. I've never danced that way, not even Noah, and we have been dating two years. Noah! I feel incredibly guilty that he hasn't crossed my mind since i've arrived. When i pull my phone out i have three messages from him.

* You there Shy? *

* Hello? You okay? *

* Shy? Should i call your mom? i am getting worried *

I dial him as fast as my fingers will allow, praying that he hasn't called my mom yet. He doens't answer but i text him assuring him that i am okay and please not to call my mother. She will lose it if she finds out i am at a party at a fraternity. house, my first weekend of college.

" Heyyyy.. Shy! " Steph slurs as she walks into the kitchen. Her arm wraps around mine and she leans her head on my shoulder. " You having fun at this party? " she giggles. She is obviously beyond wasted. " I think I need.. the room is starting to spend Shy.. I mean spin, " she laughs and her body lurches forward.

" She is going to get sick, " I tell Niall. He nods and lifts her into his arms, draping her body over his shoulders.

" Follow me," he instructs and heads upstairs. We go to a room upstairs and he opens the door, a bathroom. Of course when i needed one i couldn't find it. He places her on the floor by the toilet and she immediately begins to vomit. I look away but grab her red hair into my first and hold and it away from her head. After more vomit than i can handle, she stops and Niall hands me a towel.

" Take her to the room across the hall and lay her on the bed. She is going to need to sleep it off, " he says and i nod. I can't leave her here alone, passed out. " You can stay in there too " He says, seeming to read my mind.

" Thank you " I tell him and he smiles and leaves the bathroom. I manage to get her up off the floor and help her walk across the hall, the door opens to a bedroom. My eyes immediately go to the book shelves covering one of the walls. I gently lay a groaning Steph onto the bed and walk over to the books. I scan through the titles and i am impressed by the owner of this collection, there are many classics, including all of my favorites. I grab Weathering Heights and pull it off the shelf. It is in bad shape, the pages showing many times it has been read.

" Why the hell are you in my room? " An angry voice booms. I know that accent by now. It's Liam.