Chapter 3: I Cause Airplane Traffic

After we finally found parking we walked into the airport and made our toward the bag area thingy. We dumped my bags and gave the lady my ticket. We sat down in Terminal 6 along with all the other people going to London. The plane was called so I started saying my goodbyes

“Bye Maree, be good” my dad says hugging me. I pull away and walk to my sister.

“Have fun, I’m gonna miss you so much!” Ebony says as she pulls me into a bone-crushing hug

“Me too Ebs! Love you” okay…. She can let go now…”Alright let go now” I laugh finally getting out of her grip and walking toward mum who happened to be crying. Yeah that’s right mum, you’ll miss me. Though I can’t help but start to cry myself. It’s okay Maree; it’s only for a couple months! You’ll be fine.

“ Oh man, I’ll miss you so much honey!” mum says turning away as she wipes some tears. Awe don’t be embarrassed. She’s always hated goodbyes

“ Bye mum, I’ll see you soon. Okay?” I say pulling back from the hug. I gather my luggage and walk onto the plane. I stop just before entering the plane and turn back to look at them. They were all huddled together waving and crying. If you just did the right thing Maree you wouldn’t have to do all this. I sigh and continue walking toward the plane. Okay just find my seat…nope that’s not mine…neither is this seat…. okay where the hell is my seat?!

“ Are okay miss?” a flight attendant asks

“ No, actually I can’t find my seat. I think I’m on the wrong plane” okay so I know I’m on the right plane but c’mon I cant ask for her to find my seat. Honestly Maree, its not rocket science!

“ Miss, this plane is to London. May I see your ticket?” she asks extending her hand to me

“Must you?” I ask, “I’m sure ill find my way” I say and turn around, only to see a line of annoyed looking people. “ Bumper to bumper on the race course track, am I right?” I say nudging the guy behind me. He nods and gives me a fake smile.

“On second thought would you happen to know where 5B is?” I ask turning back to the annoyed flight attendant. She quickly flashes me a fake smile and shows me to my seat. See I knew it was here!

After I found my seat we took off. I was sitting next a super cute guy and an old lady, who happened to already be asleep. Unless she was dead? Omg is she even breathing? I turn to look at her and get out my phone. I hold it up to her nose and sure enough the black screen starts fogging up. Phew, that would’ve been hard to tell- My thoughts were interrupted by the guy next to me coughing. That sounds so fake.

“Um, what are you doing?” he asks trying not to laugh

“ It’s okay, she’s breathing. I saved her,” I say. Even though I was serious he started to laugh.

After an hour and a half of talking to the guy next to me (who’s name I still don’t know) how rude, he hasn’t even told me his name…oh wait should’ve I just asked? Does he even know my name? Meh, who cares I’m bored. I turn on the TV thingy and so does he. I flip through the channels and see that The Silver Lining was on. Hey! I know this movie; I played the main girl Jade. Omg this is so awkward… quick change the channel before he sees it! I Quickly switch off my TV and turn to see him squinting at the screen; sure enough he was watching The Silver Lining…

“Hey! I knew I’ve seen you before!” he says pointing to me with a massive smile on his gorgeous face.

“Really?” I ask playing dumb

“ I love this movie! Look how cute you were, awe!” he reaches over and pinches my cheeks making kissy faces. I turn my head and start to fall asleep. That’s right Maree go to sleep… actually pretend to fall asleep on his shoulder…yeah I’ll do that. So I did and sure enough he rested his head on mine. Awe we’re like an old married couple.