Day Two

My eyes cracked open to have the sun blinding my morning eyesight. Surprisingly, I hadn't woken up from a phone call from Jonah, and it was the usual time for me to get up. It was eleven, my usual time of awakening after my insomniac side kept me up until four in the morning until my sleeping pills finally kicked in and set me to sleep.

I groaned as I heaved myself out of my bed and onto the solid ground next to it. I made my way across my small bedroom to the door, ignoring the fact that I was wearing boxers and could smell weed being burned downstairs.

The bathroom was between mine and Tyler's room, making it easy access for both of us when it was needed. My mother slept downstairs in her own room that both Tyler and I were forbidden in.

Tyler was the original older brother that rude to the younger ones, but it was way better before he started drugs and smoking. He became abusive just like my mother was. She was the reason he had gotten into the stuff.

My mother started drinking and drugs after our father left her, causing her to get addicted to both things and running us into poverty and into the small house we had. I hardly knew my father due to him being gone about a year after Anna was born, but after that, he was gone for good and never visited us.

My eldest brother, Chris, was living on his own with Anna under his roof. He asked Anna to go live with him after he moved only because he was afraid of what Tyler would do when he was high or drunk. Chris never offered to me, though, because he wasn't very appeased at my sexuality.

Chris was accepting, but it took a long time for him to get used to. So he took Anna in and gave her things I wouldn't have, and enrolled her into East Side Highschool; it was on the rich side of town while my school, West Side Highschool, which was on the broke end of town.

I sighed as I stared at my form in the mirror. You could tell I was from West Side; I looked cheap. I had old, tattered boxers that hung loosely over my waist. The doctor would always call my body 'slim' but to me it was large. I had small defined muscles from the times I would skip the actual activity of gym and go and work out in the weight room. I was never big on doing physical activity in front of random people.

At a small glance, you could see the small red marks that covered my body from yesterday and the days before that. Yesterday, after getting home, I attacked my body with the small sharp object because of my ignorance of hard work of losing weight.

If you looked closer, you could spot the small scars that littered my body. They were older, some even marking back years ago. Mainly everyone in my family knew about them but didn't have any heart to care. The only person who actually asked was Anna.

I turned from the mirror and my unbelievable form to the shower. I slipped off my boxers and made my way into the small tub. I turned the knob for the hot water and— nothing happened.

"Goddamnit," I muttered under my breath before stepping out of the shower and putting my boxers back on me. The water didn't turn on due to the water bill not being paid, and I was in desperate need of a shower— I had work today.

"Shit shit shit shit..." I ran a hand through my hair before looking in the mirror. All of a sudden, an idea came into my head and I dashed out of the bathroom to my room.

As soon as I reached my room, I ran over to my nightstand and grabbed my phone. I immediately texted him, not telling him what I needed or anything. Just for him to get me.

He must have thought of it as a dire situation because he left as soon as he could. I sighed before grabbing the short strands of my hair and tugging on them. I let them go and walked over to my dresser and pulled out a long sleeve pink shirt along with some black skinny jeans. I also took out a hoodie and sweatpants, slipping those on as I waited for Jonah.