Chapter Six

*Two Weeks Later*

Taylor's POV

My alarm clock startled me awake. I sit up and shut it off. I'm in a hotel in New York City, getting ready to go on Good Morning America and talk about my new album. I have a quick breakfast, get ready for the day, and then drive over to the studio. There, I'm ushered back into a dressing room as assistants do my hair and makeup, making sure I look perfect for when I go on air. An hour later, they're done and I stand off to the side, waiting for them to call me on.

"Hello, and welcome to Good Morning America!" The interviewer says. "Today, I'm here with Taylor Swift, who's releasing her new album today! Here's Taylor!" He says, and that's my cue to walk over. I give him a quick hug, and then take a seat on the couch opposite him. It's odd that it's a couch and not a chair, they usually only pull these out when there are two people on air. I bet they've got a couple coming on later in the show or something. "Hello, Taylor. It's great to have you here!" He greeted.

"Hi! It's great to be here!" I said enthusiastically. The interviewer went on for a few minutes, asking me about the album and the inspiration behind it and what not.

"So, I hear you have a best friend who's been away on tour for the past month?" The interviewer asked.

I nodded, grinning at the thought of him. "Yep! Ed Sheeran!"

"Do you miss him a lot?" He asked, and I blushed profusely.

"Yeah..." I replied softly, and I got a tingling feeling in my stomach as my red cheeks grew redder.

"Well...do you know where he's been on tour recently?" He asked.

"Umm...somewhere far away, that's all I know. I haven't really asked him." I said, trying not to sound too attached. I honestly don't know where he's been touring the past two weeks, he won't tell me, and he's been asking me to not look it up, so I've been keeping my word.

"Well, maybe not as far away as you think...Ed Sheeran, everybody!" The interviewer exclaimed, and I whirled around to find Ed standing off to the side.

"ED!" I screamed, and I literally RAN over to him. I threw myself onto him in a massive bear hug, burying my face in his chest and wrapping my arms around him tightly, forgetting that everything we did was being broadcast to millions of Americans live. I took in his sweet smell of Chamomile tea and I teared up a little. "Oh my god, I missed you so much!" I said with my face still buried into him.

"I missed you too, Taylor, I missed you too." He said as he rubbed my back, keeping me very close to him as he hugged me tight. After a few more seconds of hugging, he suggested we sit down over on the couch. We took a seat next to each other, and I sat as close to him as possible, and clung tightly onto his arm. A few tears escaped my eyes, and I quickly wiped them away.

"How...?" I asked, staring at Ed, eyes wide.

"I played one of my New York shows last night. That's why I haven't told you where I was, and I asked you not to look it up, because when I realized you'd be in New York the same time as me, I knew I needed to take the opportunity to see you. I wanted it to be a surprise, and I called the people at GMA to see if we could work something out. Obviously, they happily agreed. We arranged my dressing room on the other side of the studio, and we couldn't put my name on the door in case you decided to wander the halls before you went on air. I stayed in my dressing room until you were on, and then I went to the wings and watched until they called me on. Do you like your surprise?" He asked, and I nodded crazily.

"YES! Ed, I missed you so much!" I said, leaning my head on his shoulder. "I'm so glad you're here."

"So, are you two dating?" The interviewer asked, and my stomach dropped through the floor. I bit my lip, unsure of what to say. I would love to be dating Ed, but...I don't know that he feels the same way. I felt a little nauseous.

"Well..." Ed started, and turned to me.

A/N:Cliff hanger! Sorry, but I had to. What do you think Ed's going to say? Let me know in the comments. 😄