Chapter 1: Finding Her

Jack's POV
I was just walking down the street trying to get back to my house, until I heard... Crying? It was coming from a alley and I just walked in to check if anyone was there. I saw a girl. She had a blanket over her head like if she was hiding something. I walked towards her trying to help her get up. Then she moved away from my hand like she was scared of me.
Reader's POV
I was absolutely afraid of him. I didn't know him. I didn't trust him either. Anyone I "trusted" would either try to cage me up or call the police on me. I looked away from him but he didn't do anything, he was just standing there looking at me. After it seemed like forever, I finally grabbed his hand and smiled at him while he helped me up. I never seen a human being so kind to me since the accident. He asked if he wanted to know why there was a blanket over my head. I tried to answer but he cut me off by saying, " It's ok if you don't want to answer." He said in the most sweetest voice I've ever heard.
Jack's POV
I told her if she wanted to stay at my place for a few days until her parents find her. After I said that I saw tears going down her cheek she was looking down. I asked her if she was ok. But she didn't answer. All she said was, " My parents are dead." My face was in shock and I didn't know what to do again. So I just hugged her and said " It's ok I'm here, I'll take care of you."
End of chapter 1