First chapter

Hey There, Delilah

-First chapter-

*three years later*

The crispy orange leaves were dispersed everywhere, covering almost all of the ground and announcing the arrival of fall. Delilah rubbed her bare arms up and down as the chilly autumn wind blew by; she looked at the overlapped clouds that made the sky look a bit gloomy and smiled. Her smile turned into a grin as she remembered how her friends teased her when she dyed her hair grey, just like the autumn sky.

She skipped the streets lazily, making her way to the nearest park. The public garden was almost deserted, and she felt more grateful for that; because at the time, she wanted to be alone, to think about the fight. It was never intense before, her father has never laid a hand on her until now and her mother was always defending and supporting her.

Maybe this time she surpassed the red line, but taking drugs was not a big deal, or at least that is what she thought.

She would not be spending the night at home and she decided on sleeping at Adrienne’s and that way she will look out after Lucy, but they were not exactly the best of friends now. Adrienne hated that Delilah was overtaking her place as a leader so easily, and Delilah thought that was extremely immature.

She would probably spend the night at a club, she would not mind getting drunk and having some fun and of course, she would definitely enjoy pissing her father even more. He ordered her to behave and that is exactly what she will not be doing.

As she strolled further, crunching more leaves with her ankle boots, she pulled out a cigarette. That was probably her eighteenth cigarette that day and she absolutely hated that fact. However, it just that cigarettes always made her feel better about every situation and that was the thing that made her so attached to it.

At first she did not even inhale, she just sucked on some smoke and held it in her mouth before blowing it out. It was like breathing underwater. She still could not get past the psychological sense of breathing something that was not fresh air.

Even though it has been years since she picked up that habit, it still tasted terrible but it was a matter of seconds before her mind turned empty. Moreover, that was the pleasure of smoking.

Delilah sat on the wooden bench observing the park around her. She noticed that the sky was turning into a darker shade of grey and that the place was starting to get swarmed with teenagers that were normally coming here to get drunk. She stood up running a hand through her black hair; the club would be her next stop.

(***)

‘Mystic Fog’ was overcrowded with both drunk and sober people that were grinding on the dance floor. Delilah managed to manoeuvre her way through the sweaty bodies and make it to a bar stool where she ordered a shot of Vodka. It took her three more shots for her happy social feeling to kick in.

She remembered her first time Vodka shot, it was with Tessie and it was her first time drinking. Memories of how life was so incredibly normal and easy when her sister was around came flashing back and if it was not for the alcohol in her system and the presence of too many people she would have broken down to tears.

She was an average teenager, when Tessie was around; she had friends and participated in school activities. She was quite lovable to tell the truth but then her life took a turn and the worst imaginable nightmare happened. She lost her sister.

Delilah turned out to be very emotional after that incident. Life turned into a darker shade and it felt so strange.

It was hard talking to her parents about her emotions since they were not really around and they did not understand her much, not to mention that she got fed up of her best friends pitying her and so she turned to tobacco, alcohol and drugs to ease her pain and hurt. She became angrier with herself.