1

Milani (12 years later)

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I stirred in bed, reaching for my phone. My fingers grazed the cool surface of the wood of my nightstand until I felt the rectangular shape of my phone.

Pressing the volume button on the phone, I turned the alarm off. I threw the cover off of myself and climbed out of my bed and walked straight to my bathroom hearing a yelp, I immediately recognized my mistake.

"Max! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to step on you!" I reached down and pet the husky's fur. He gave me a quick lick on the face and walked out of my room.

Poor thing... I do that every morning...

I stripped and took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. Then I got dressed. I slipped on a navy blue skirt, white shirt, and a navy blue blazer and a red tie.

Grabbing my book bag from by my room door and walked downstairs with Maximus at my feet.

"Lani! Hurry up will ya! I don't want to miss all the cute guys coming into the school!"

"Okay, Cass! I'm here!" I grinned as I stepped into the kitchen. I grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl.

Cassi stood there with her arms crossed, wearing a small frown. "You really need to get up earlier to take a shower. You take forever."

I rolled my eyes. "Well excuse me for wanting to smell fresh." I mumbled as I pulled out Max's food bowl and put some kibble and wet food in it.

"Whatever, Lani." She shook her head. "Let's go before we're going to be late."

I nodded and gave Max a quick pat on the head before walking out of the house with Cassi.

"I low key wish that you would have gotten Bernard to drive us to school this morning." She mumbled.

"No. He gets the mornings off." I looked at her. "Everyone needs their rest, Cassiopeia."

"Whatever you say, Lan." She rolled her eyes. "You are the only rich person at this school that I know is not like the rest of them."

I grinned. "I try not to be."

Then she nudged me. "Hey, are you excited? It's our last year."

"And?" I raised an eyebrow.

"And it's your last year to talk with that cute guy that you keep staring at." She smirked.

"What? No! I can't just walk up to him! Do you not see him?!" I practically shrieked. "He's like a Greek god!"

She stopped and huffed. "You're like a Greek goddess! You had the height, the shape, gorgeous skin, striking emerald eyes, auburn colored hair." She pointed to all of my features. "And you even have that cool tattoo and fangs going on."

I rubbed my arm. "It's not a tattoo. It's a birthmark." I said quietly. "And none of that matters. I still can't walk up to him."