Chapter 28

Y/N's PoV

~ring ring

I was awakened by the ringing of my phone, I looked around and saw that it’s already dark out and it’s lightly raining, then I turned my gaze at my wall clock and saw that it’s already 7 pm, when I looked at the screen of my phone, I saw a message from Joy.

Joy To The World
Oppa~ are you up?

Lee Y/N
Yup, what’s up?

While waiting for her reply I heard a soft knock on my door.

“Who is it?” I said while standing up and heading towards the door.

“It’s me.” I heard a familiar but faint voice from the other side of the door. When I opened it I saw Joy smiling with damp clothes and hair and slightly shivering from the cold.

“What happened to you?” I quickly let her in and grabbed a towel and wrapped it round her.

“Go and take a quick warm bath. I'll leave some dry clothes in my room.” I ordered and went to my room to get clothes for her to wear and placed it on my bed, I also took a blanket and wrapped it around me, sheesh is so cold.
I went back to the living room then sat on the couch and watched the TV while waiting for her. She came out of my room and sat beside me, wearing my long sleeve shirt and pajamas.

“Still cold?” I asked when is saw her hugging herself. She just nodded in response. I scooted closer to her and wrapped her in my blanket then hugged her tightly and rubbed her arms to keep her warm then lightly pushed her head towards the crook of my neck.

“Better?” She just nodded again.
“So what happened? Where have you been?”

“Well my date cancelled the date on the last minute. Unfortunately I was already at the meeting place, when I’m about to head home, there are no taxis around so I had to walk, unfortunately it rained and I got wet.” She explained while almost tearing up.

“I’m hungry, are you hungry?” I asked as I looked at her, but she just looked at me confusedly.

“A-actually I am.” She tried to move back when she saw how close our face are.

“Good. Let’s eat out.” I stood up and grabbed my jacket from the coat hanger, while Joy is still sitting on the couch still wrapped in a blanket.

“Wearing this?” She asked as she pointed her clothes.

“Yeah. No one will care. Now, ppali! I’m hungryyy~” I took an extra jacket and gave it to her, she wore it and we head out. Both of us are really hungry so we went to the first fast food restaurant we saw. We ordered our food and ate quietly.

“Hey. Uh.” I mumbled quietly while scratching my nape.

”Hmm?” She replied while chewing her food.

“I know I’m kind of late, but will you be my date tonight?”  I asked nervously while looking at her expressionless face.

“Are you serious?” She bursted out laughing.
“I thought you don’t like Valentine’s dates?”

“Well I-I just want to make it up for your date who didn't come.” I pouted then continued eating.

“Okay. Okay.” She said after wiping a tear from her eye.
“But what are we gonna do on our DATE?” she said emphasizing the word date.

“The usual? Pizza and other junk foods, video games, movies and some bottles of soju?” I said in a questioning tone while sheepishly smiling, and anticipated for her answer.

“Sure.” She said without looking at me and focusing on her food.

“Jinjja?”

“Waeyo?”

“Nothing, I thought- nothing.” I smiled and finished my food.

After finishing our dinner, we went to a pizza place and ordered four boxes of pizza, then went to a convenient store to buy other snacks and drinks, and don’t forget the soju.

When we got home I fixed the living room are, and placed a mattress on the middle and a few blankets and pillows. While Joy went to the kitchen and placed the snacks in bowls and placed it on the coffee table in the living room along with the pizza and drinks.
We sat down and the mattress and wrapped ourselves in the thick blankets and played some video game, which I always lose. Few more games and drinks later, we decided to watch a movie, neither of us likes too romantic movies, so we watch an action movie instead.
It’s getting colder even thou we’re already wrapped up in thick blankets, so she moved closer to me and wrapped my arms around her.

“Waeyo?” I chuckled while looking at her shivering in cold.

“It's too cold.” She said and snuggled closer to me. I just chuckled at her actions and hugged her tightly and let her head rest on the crook of my neck.
Few more bottles of soju later, I think neither of us is sober. She had more bottles that I had but can’t even see straight anymore. And now she won’t stop poking my entire face repeatedly, which is super annoying.

“Oppa~”
“Oppa~”
“Oppa~”
“Oppa~”
“Y/N Oppa~”
“Y/N~”
“LEE Y/N!”

“What?!” I annoyedly replied.

“Saranghae~” She said  half liddedly while doing some finger hearts before passing out.

“Nado Saranghae…” I whispered  as I tuck some of her hair behind her ear.

“I love you too. But only as a friend… I think?”