Runaway Girl

It's 3:30 on May 23rd, 2018 also known as the last day of school for kids that go to Whiterock Public High School, in New York City. Faith and her twin brother Chase were walking home with their final exam marks. Faith already knew that hers were nowhere close to her twin brothers. Their whole family has gone to Whiterock and have all been in part of the top 3 students in their class. Faith's teachers always compare her to her family members that have once gone to the school. Faith was scared and didn't want to go home. It would just be like every day but worse. Instead of going home and straight up to her room her parents will keep her in the living room and tell her how she should be more like her brother.

After their hour walk, home Faith was getting more nervous by the minute. She didn't want her parents to yell at her. She knew that Chase would try and talk to them about yelling at her, but it never works, they just get madder. It makes Faith want to just run away and live on her own without parents telling her what to do, what to eat, what to wear and someone telling her how her brother is better than her.

Chase was the first to walk into the house. As soon as he stepped into the house he was bombarded with hugs and congratulations. Faith slipped in behind him trying to go unnoticed by her parents but she failed miserably. Her parents let go of Chase and dragged her into the living room. They throw her on the couch and started to yell at her about her marks. They haven't even seen her marks, but they think that she did badly. They grabbed her backpack and took out her marks. They read over the marks with disappointed faces and shocked expressions.

"I can't believe you got these marks. You got a 105% in math well your brother got 106%. 99.99% Science while your brother got 108.5%. Let's have a look at History, shall we? You got 115% and your brother got 115.5%. Last but not least your worst subject English. You got a 120% and your brother got 118%. How could you think that these marks are acceptable? You are going to go to your room and not come out until tomorrow when we call you down. Don't even think about coming down to get food because you're too fat." Faith's fathers Ace shouted at her while looking up and down at her 75-pound body.

Faith grabbed all of her stuff and ran upstairs. She could hear her parents telling her brother how proud they are of him. She slammed her door closed and fall onto her bed. Her room was the smallest room out of the whole house, it was more like a closet than a room. All she had was a bed, bedside table, and a few boxes with her stuff in them. Chase has the biggest room in the whole house. Their parents have the second biggest because they felt that Chase is the best and that he deserves the best all the time.

Faith opened up her school backpack and dumped all of her stuff out onto her bed. She has had enough of her parents telling her that Chase is better. She has had enough of living in a closet, so she made the decision that she would live on the streets of New York City. She packed some of her clothes, books and school supplies. She quickly wrote a note to Chase telling him that she had enough and was leaving. She taped the note to her door and closed it. She quietly went down the stairs and out of an opened window so that the alarm doesn't go off. Once she slipped out the window, she started to walk to Times Square where she would most likely get kidnapped, but she really didn't care because she would never have to deal with her parents again.

After a long 1-2 hour walk Faith finally found a place to stay on the streets of New York. She sat down on the ground and pulled out a piece of paper, a pencil and some pencil crayons. She started to draw a photo of people walking in the city. She spent about 2 hours drawing, colouring and perfecting it. Faith then took out the blanket that she put on her backpack and threw it over her body. She used her backpack as a pillow and laid down on the dirty street falling asleep. It wasn't long before someone kicked her and was yelling at her to get up. She sat up and looked at the large figure standing in front of her. He was a tall, young, muscular and good looking guy. He didn't look much older than Faith maybe 17 or 18. He looked at her and then her drawing that she left out.