four

Answers

Suddenly, you awoke. You rushed to sit up and out your slumber position, so terribly startled by a sound you heard a moment ago. You moved the few strands of hair out your face and helplessly looked around you in disbelief. You darted your gaze towards the tree he was last resting on but he wasn't there anymore. This cranked up your suspicion.

What if this is a prank? And perhaps that could be true. He could possibly be waiting for you to strike and run off—almost insanely waiting for you to become a threat to him. For his power would only increase with the righteousness of one's fear. But what if he had actually disappeared? And what would be the possibility of you running away and not getting caught. Quite low really.

But then your ears perked, a foul sound of grief and pain slithering through the forest that made your stomach churn with fear as your fists tightened.

Your lips trembled against your teeth as your nails dug into your palm, painlessly. Your mind was wrapped on the sound that passed by as quick as it came. You felt terrified, especially now all by yourself. Before you had him, even if he was what you were afraid of. But now as you stand almost naked to whatever is here, in this forsaken forest, the more the truth dawns upon you.

And that makes you hesitantly stand up with courage you are so quick to lose.

It didn't take long for you to realise how far you walked in the dark, fog. It was pointless to keep walking further if you had no utter clue where you were. You tried to follow the sounds of yelps and suffocating screams but got lost in the midst of trying. Maybe I dreamt it all.

But that was quick to exit your mind when you heard voices—a voice you hadn't yet heard before.

"Tell them, I'd rather be here than stay with that monstrous family."

Your eyes widened. You knew that voice. It was him. It was the monster who captured you. He sounded almost as if he was sparing his last few words before death. He seemed out of breath, he sounded hurt, as if being treated how you were these past few days. Was he finally getting a taste of his own medicine?

Your eyebrows crashed together in confusion. Who was he speaking to?

"Then you are no more, than a disgrace upon us."

An unknown and deviant voice uttered. It was true, you and him weren't alone. There was someone else. Someone or something, that sounded much powerful than the monster that was with you. It's like he had more authority, more strength and power to hold him as captive.

"I'll deliver the news to the rest, and will return in a short amount of days. Don't think I'm done with you, brother." Your brows jumped. Brother? "Isn't it such a shame though? You could have been so much more better in the kingdom. But you cease to exist and I'll just have to go take your place. Because after all, you were going to be king."

And after that, everything demolished into silence.

Your eyes widened when you heard the sounds of footsteps and immediately ran back to place near the pond. You laid on the dirty ground and pretended as though you had been sleeping this whole time.