Recap

"Wassup pops.. Is it cool if I go to Xan's house after I finish up with some work?", Cayson quickly asked at my doorway.

"It's gone be some girls at Xan's house?", I asked. 17 year old Cayson was, lets just say, one of those boys. He played around with girls and then stopped talking to them.

"Why?", he asked smacking his teeth.

"Because I need to know these things. I don't need you catching any type of diseases because these bitches is nasty." I said in my raspy voice.

"Its not like I'm gonna fuck em'.", he reassured me.

"Whatever Cayson. But you need to be home by 11. You got school tomorrow."

He groaned and said 'appreciate it' before leaving the room. I heard him yell 'leave me alone' and I chuckled before I picked up my phone and looked at the screen saver. It was of me, Nola, and baby Cayson. We were at a birthday party and I had my arm wrapped around her waist as she was holding Cayson, who had a piece of cake in his hand. As soon as the picture snapped he threw the cake in her face and her expression was fucking hilarious. I think its the best picture we have.

My phone started ringing , interrupting my thoughts. I answered before looking at the caller I.D.

"Wassup?", I answered.

"I need tissue", I heard Nola giggle into the phone.

"Are you serious?", I laughed.

"Yes Im serious. Hurry up!", she said before hanging up.

I shook my head with a smile and got up, getting some tissue. Once i made it to the bathroom, I knocked on the door but there was no answer.

"Nola I got the tissue. Can you open the door?"

"GET EM!" I heard her voice yell from behind me. Then i felt her jump onto my back. I turned around and i was sprayed in the face with water and hit with many pillows.

I coughed and held my throat, pretending like I was choking. I got on my knees and Nola immediately got off my back.

"Oh my gosh pops are you okay? I didnt mean to get it in your no-". Before she could finish, I grabbed the water gun out of her hand and sprayed her with it.

This was our 15 year old daughter, Jayla. She was taller than her mama but not taller then me. I'd say she was about 5'6. She looked more like her mama with the bright eyes and brown curly hair. She was on the thicker side, which made me extra protective over her. She hates that me and Cayson are always on her but we just tryna' keep her safe. There's too many boys out there now a days that just wanna fuck. She knows that though.

"What the heck! What did you do that for?", she whined.

"What you mean?", i laughed. "You just sprayed that stuff in my face. I think we even now."

She rolled her eyes with a smile and pointed at her brothers,"What about them? They just beat you with pillows."

"So?", i shrugged.

"Mama, can you tell him thats not fair?", she asked Nola hoping that she'd convince me of something.

"Nuh uh. Im not getting in between you two", she laughed. Jayla frowned and walked off.

The twins laughed at her while she walked away and she flipped them off.

"Oooooooo! Daddddyyyy she just did a bad word with her finger!", my little boy, Jahmir, said a little to loud.

"Stop telling. Thats why she always calls you a baby", the other one, Nahmir, said while walking away.

They both walked away arguing and i just laughed.