Chapter Four

I heard footsteps running to my room. Castor went into my closet and hid. My mom came bursting through my door. "Honey are you alright?" My mom said slightly out of breath. "Yeah mom, it was uh just a nightmare. That's all." I said glancing at my closet. "Oh sweetheart. Was it about your father again? Do you want to talk about it?" My mom asked. "No it was just some silly nightmare. I'm okay mom, I promise. You can go back to bed." "Are you sure?" She asks. I just nod my head. "Alright. Goodnight. I love you." She says as she is walking out. "Love you too mom."

"I'm sorry to have hid but I did not know what to do. That lady. I'm assuming she is your mother?" Castor asks as he walks out of my closet. "Yeah she is." I say nodding my head still in shock.  "What about your father? Why would you be having nightmares about him? Where is your father?" Castor asks. "He uh-" Castors eyes flashed a bright green. "Woah what was that?" I ask. "Oh my eyes? It is just something they have always done." He answered. "Sorry if this sounds rude, but what are you?" I ask. "I am Castor. I already told you this." He said. "No, no that's not what I meant. I mean your clearly not human." "Human? Are you the human race?" He asks. I laugh. "Well I mean no? I'm apart of the human race." "Our leader. He always talks about the human race. We were trying to come to your home planet. I did not think I would make it here." "Your leader?" "Yes. All groups have a leader. The leader of my group is also my father." He says. I just nod my head.  "So you're not from this planet? Your from a different one?" I ask. "No I am not from this planet." "So that makes you an alien?" "I suppose. If that is what you humans call me. But I prefer to be called Castor." "And I would prefer to be called Rowan." "Is that your name?" "Yes my name is Rowan."

"I can't believe the theories were right. Well I guess sort of. I mean the aliens are taking over. Wait a minute. Are you here to destroy the human race?" I say pacing around my room. "Destroy? No that was never our intentions. My father always told me that we would travel to your home planet to learn." "Learn what?" "Well how you humans act. And what type of technology you have. Haven't you humans wanted to travel to another planet to see how others behave?" He asked. "Well I mean we weren't exactly sure if any of the other planets had living things on them. And I don't know how good our technology is. I don't know if we could make it to another planet." I say. "You did not know? I thought you humans have tried to get to one of the other planets. I have heard multiple stories of some of our people coming in contact with humans." "Wait really? So you have met a human before?" "Well, no I uh never met a human before." Castor said looking down. "Well now you have." I say smiling. Castor just smiled back. "Rowan sweetheart it's time to get ready for school." My mom yelled from the living room. I checked the time on my phone. It was seven o' clock. I can't believe Castor and I stayed up talking this late. "Uh okay mom I'm up. Be out there in a minute." I yell back. "School? What is 'school'?" Castor asks. "I'll explain later. Right now I have to figure out what to do with you while I'm at school."