Chapter 1

As Park Jimin picked up his apron before heading out to work, he looked out his window and thought for a while. He contemplated that even though he was drowning in debt from being a dance major at Busan University, the sun still continues to shine, and the birds outside still continues to sing.

Once Jimin snapped out of his trance, he realized that he was late for work at the local café. Even though he sprinted out the door, he knew that the café's owner, Namjoon, wouldn't mind him being a few minutes late. When he entered the workplace, he was greeted with a warm smile. "Good morning," said Namjoon, who had a gentle tint to his voice. "G-good morning Joon," replied a nervous Jimin. "Don't worry about being late Chim. Besides, you're my best employee,"said Namjoon, causing Jimin to become slightly flustered. He knew that Namjoon had a lot of work to do before the café opened, so he decided to get the pastries set up.

***

Once some of the first customers of the day had come and gone, very exhausted-looking, pale-skinned, black-haired man entered the shop. He wore a black hoodie, navy blue ripped jeans, a black baseball hat, and a black mask that concealed his face. Jimin immediately took interest in this new face. When this mysterious an approached Jimin to give him his order, Jimin instantly gained rosy flush to his cheeks.

"Hi, can I get uh..." The pause in the man's voice gave Jimin a chance to take in the man's delicate features; his button nose peeking over his mask, glowing skin, and the most perfect eyelids.

"Um...hello?" Said the customer groggily, pulling Jimin out of his stare and causing him to blush profusely once again.