WHAT IF # THREE

What if...

...you'll end up seeing her for the third time and you can't do anything but see her again and again?

===

RHAVEN GARX ARCONCEL'S POV

"You're useless. You didn't save her. You're weak."

Hearing those words felt like a barb wire was tied onto my neck and choking me to death. I can't breathe.

"No! That's not true!" I kept shouting to the voice.

"Just accept the fact. You can't undo the past. You can't take back her life. You're useless," he said and then he laughed. I looked at him and saw the person who was one of the reasons why she died. He was smirking enthusiastically to me. He kept on saying painful words to me.

When I wasn't able to take it anymore, I covered my ears with my hands. But it was like those words were stacked inside my ears or even my mind. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to disappear and go somewhere he can't go to.

So I ran away. I kept running but the voice kept talking and its volume wasn't minimizing. I just stopped running away because it was useless. Then I screamed. I screamed so loud that the veins on my neck became so visible.

I suddenly stopped when I felt something on my shoulders. When I looked at it, I saw a hand. A hand of a woman. When I turned around to look who the woman was, I saw a very beautiful face. It was so beautiful that I thought it's inhumane. A very familiar face.

It was my third time to see her. The first time was when she died. I saw her crying beside a corpse. The second time was earlier... in the bookshop.

It annoyed me because I felt something different towards her. Something... that made me uncomfortable.

Suddenly the barb wire that was choking me disappeared and I was able to breathe again. The painful words slowly faded until I heard nothing but the sound of wind. The wind that refreshed me. The wind that rippled through her white dress, the white dress that, I remember, she wore during that day. The wind that fanned her hair away from her face. I suddenly felt the urge to touch her face and caress it but when I was about to, I heard something and my subconscious awakened.

It was so loud that my ears got hurt. When I opened my eyes and looked at it, I saw my alarm clock. Tss. I sat down immediately and hell! My head hurts. Damn! It's how I feel every time I'm being brought out from my dreams.

I suddenly remembered my dream. It was always that dream. But last night, my nightmare became a wonderful dream. And I don't know why but I suddenly smiled.

'Tss. This can't be. This is so gay. So gay...'

===

It was the first day of school so I went out early from our house. Right now, I am the only one who lives here. My parents, Rhea and Rhesus Arconcel, are in separated business trips abroad. My older twin brother left this house since that day. It's a good thing because I don't want to live with him. Tss. I don't want to talk about it anymore.

The main reason why I came to school early was because I hate noise. I really hate it. It's my first day, as a grade 11 learner. And I'm studying in one of the HEADS of my family's academy, RH ARCONCEL ACADEMY. It's an elite school with so many branches all over the world that are called HEADS. and this is called ABYLA RH ARCONCEL ACADEMY. Actually, I really don't wanna study here because I hate special treatments. But after what happened two years ago, I decided to move here in Abyla and leave my twin brother in Manila.

And obviously, since it's my family's own school, girls are dying to see me. I'm kind of popular in this academy. No, scratch that. I'm overly popular that I even have my own fan page. It's irritating already.

Tss. Hungry bitches. Fame whores. I'm sure they like me just because of what I have.

Tss. Disgusting.

By the way, since this academy is an elite academy, every student must pass through a needle's hole to enter. This academy don't just teach students how to learn academically. It teaches students how to build or improve something literally. In the academic part, in order to enter this school, you have to take an exam. A very difficult exam. And each should earn at least 80%.

However, disregarding the academic part, this academy is divided into two ARMS, namely ROBOT and HUMAN.

In the ROBOT ARM, all members are boys. And obviously in the other arm, all members are girls. It doesn't mean that girls are prohibited in the ROBOT ARM. It's just that no girl ever dared to enter this ARM. Not even one. Not because they don't want it (though almost all the girls don't want it) but because they can't.

If you are wondering why this ARM is called ROBOT, just one thing. We produce ROBOTS. LITERALLY.

It's almost 30 minutes and I'm still inside my private room. It's like a well-maintained house. Black and white atmosphere and full of things that have connections with technology.

Specifically, I'm sitting on my black chair in front of many monitors inside my 'Camera Footages' room. I'm watching what's happening inside the RH Arena. They are currently having a First Day Program.

I'm surrounded by too many monitors showing the different angles of the cameras that I invented. It's not just a high definition footage. It's more than that. It can detect who the person in the camera is and basic information about them.

I can see the dean, one of the stockholders, and student of the ROBOT ARM.

When I turned around I immediately focused on one of the monitors. It's the monitor showing the girl students of ROBOT ARM that normally shows nothing because no girl entered this ARM.

But I saw someone in there. That familiar face again... That familiar angelic face. She's here? Or am I just hallucinating?

I blinked once. Then twice. Thrice... But still she stayed showing up in that monitor. The I realized she's real.

She's studying here.

Hmm... Zephyr Achaean Salazar is her name.

She's so interesting. She's the first ever girl who's able to enter this ARM.   This only means that there's a lot of possibility that she'll be my classmate.  Fucking CLASSMATE!

I'll end up seeing her again and again...  Oh, crap.