Chapter One: Lucy

A hero, she's no hero. Amanda Green was a whore, an asshole, but she was my best friend. She never did good, that's not entirely her fault, she felt like she had no choice but that doesn't stop her from not understand what right and wrong were. I'm getting a head of myself, you don't even know who Amanda is, or was I guess. She use to be the best person I had ever met, I loved her, she knew that, and she teased me. She use to be a huge nerd as well, always obsessing over when a new Marvel movie would be released, then she grew up, she found out what boys were, what love was, and then sex became her drug. She wore sexier clothes, made everything a big deal, she'd come over to my house with fresh hickies on her fucking neck. I sound like a parent or a jealous girlfriend, but I'm neither, I was just some friend she tried to fuck once or twice. Amanda would come over to my house as drunk as possible and try and talk her way into my pants, just like the guys would, I loved her, yes, but I didn't want this, I just wanted a calm relationship, where my partner wasn't sneaking around with a new person every night. I would have no reason to hurt her.

"Lucy, come on." Amanda whined 

"I told you no, Green." I said trying to loosen her grip on my waist

"I know you love me, I just want to show my love ." She whispered

"I don't want this Amanda." I said shoving her backwards

She pouted, I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, knowing she wouldn't remember it in the morning anyway. She pulled me back towards her, not trying to make a move just trying to hug me close to her. She ran her hand up and down my arm sending chills down my spine, this felt wrong, I shouldn't love her , not like this I was her best friend for crying out loud, she sighed and buried her head into my neck I spun around and held her waist. She looked up at me hopefully, I wasn't letting her get to me. 

"Lucy can, can I try something?" she asked

"What is it?" I asked scared for the true answer 

"Can I kiss you? I get it if you don't me to, I just want to try it." She said

"Sure, but that's it. Okay?"

She nodded, and connected our lips. She enjoyed this I can tell, I've wanted this for so long, she tasted like cherries and cigarettes, I hated this, but I loved it. I pulled back but she wanted more, so much more, but I was embarrassed, I'm surprised, I was expecting her to taste like alcohol , but she didn't.

"Amanda, didn't you say you drank before you came over?" I asked

"I lied. I'm sorry." She said, red in the face

She kissed me, only because she wanted to, she wanted to kiss me and alcohol wasn't speaking for her. I sank to the ground, I can't believe it, she's lying, she just wanted to kiss me so she could out me I know it.

"Get out." I say

"What?" She asked

"Get out! Stop teasing me! Go back to Kyle." I screamed

She grabbed her bag and stormed out of the house. I was sobbing now, she was going to out me, I was going be forced to come out, and my parents were going to kick me out, I'm a mess, I didn't ask for this. I smelt like Amanda, like cheap perfume and cigarettes.

I never wanted her over that night, I didn't want her to grab my hair and deepen the kiss as much as she could, I didn't want her hands resting on my chest afterwards, I didn't want her hips to press into mine, I didn't want her to bite my lip, I didn't. She came over the next night, hickies all over her neck, and she reeked of alcohol, some type of whiskey, I'm sure; she was wearing a crop top way too small for her, and the tiniest shorts she found, she was showing off every curve she could, and she threw herself at me, her long,dark, brown hair fell over her shoulders. She hugged me her chest pressed into mine, she brushed her hand through my dyed hair, and I just let her. I remember she called me the night before she disappeared, she was freaking out, she was crying, she kept apologizing, she kept saying that her parents were going to kick her out, all because she told them she was Bi.

"Lucy, please, I don't know what to do. They keep yelling at me and I want it to stop, let me stay with you please, please, please." she begged

"I'm not in town, but if you need to leave your house, go to mine, I'm driving back to town. The key is hanging in the garage." I said 

"Thank you so much. Love you." She said quickly then hung up

I sighed I don't know why I agreed to protect her. I mean I loved her after all, but I couldn't protect her, even though she was my best friend. I had no reason to hurt so I didn't so when she went missing everyone thought that it was my fault but it wasn't, it doesn't matter that I was last one to see her, I would never hurt her.