chapter 1

"Where's the darn towels!" my mother screamed inside our hotel room. "That maid was supposed to be here two hours ago!"

"Mom I have no idea, but I'll try to call the front desk again." I tried to calm her down, but she was just too angry.

We were out of town for my oldest sister's day of birth. We were all very excited, but not me, I had a bad feeling about this trip, it just didn't set my stomach right.

"Kayla!, May you bring my suitcase in here for me, I need to grab something." My second eldest sister yelled to me.

"Can you please stop yelling, Aaliyah jeez! These people will think we're crazy." My mom said to us all.

"Oh my gosh yessss." Diana my third oldest sister exclaimed.

"Kayla, may you please go downstairs to the front desk and grab some towels so we can all shower, it's been a long day." My mother said softly, she was right though, it had been a very long and stressful day.

Well like I was saying, today was the birth of my niece and five hours after her birth she died😔. Gabriel, my first niece, she was too premature and she didn't have a strong heart beat.

"Hi, I'm up in room 825 and we called down for towels two hours ago but never got them." I told the lady at the front desk.

"Oh I do recall, I am sorry for our lack of service tonight." She grabbed the towels and gave them to me, "there you go sweetheart. Have a nice night."

"Thank you and you also." I turned around and preceded my way back up to the room when this old man ran into me.

"Dammit girl, watch where you're going! I swear these young people have no respect." The old man yelled after me.

"Sorry sir." I squeaked. The thing about the whole situation was while I was walking away he was watching my booty. I mean hey don't get me wrong it's wide and big, but don't just yell at me then try to check me out!✋😒 I had finally made it to my room and went in, I thought to go against telling my mom what happened so I put the towels down, grabbed one and went to take a shower.

I got out of the shower 30 minutes later and went to the kitchen section to get some chips. I went to a separate room to watch tv, I laid down in there and put the channel on LMN. I watched it until I went to sleep. The next morning we went back to see my sister, she was still a little sad but we cheered her up. For some reason I was glad that little Gabby didn't live, something just was too off about this trip.