[19]

[VANESSA'S POV]
I stared into blondie's blue, vivid eyes. She had friendly smile on the lips as she cleared her throat.

Mine gaze, in the other hand, was bored and stable.

"So, Vanessa", Lydia started smiling, "how have you been?"

"Just.. Fine", I answered immediately, not even thinking the question. I avoided her look by letting my eyes go through the room.

There was three other teens - Ellie, Wayne and some random girl I didn't recognize - in the main building with me, being interviewed by other guiders.

"Such an average answer. Please, try go deeper with you feelings", Lydia's kind, but sharp voice encouraged me.

This whole chatting thing was so stupid, and I could read the same message from other teen's faces: they seemed irritated and bored.

But then again, Lydia was maybe the nicest of all the guiders. She wasn't so old and didn't act like I was some stupid child with ridiculous problems. Her look signaled respect and kindness.

So maybe I should try to behave.

"Well, um. I've been okay. Some days are easier than others. But lately I have felt good, not as bad as the start of this camp."

Lydia nodded with bright smile, "I'm happy to hear that. Have you gotten any friends in here?"

Though of Zach drew into my mind instantly. That caused sly smile appear on my face, but I dropped it off quickly.

"Um, yeah. A few", I mumbled and felt how my heart started to pound harder.

Flashbacks of Zach's lips against my neck came back to my mind. I felt how I started to blush a little, and my hand went automatically cover my neck.

I was full aware of hickeys I had on my neck. I've been trying to hide them up, since guiders didn't probably look happily this kind of behavior.

"Great. What I have been noticing, you and Ariana seem to get along well", Lydia spoke looking down on some papers at the table.

Phew. Luckily she didn't notice the hickeys on my neck, maybe I managed to hide them well enough. I relaxed a bit on the chair, and bended back with a relieved sigh.

"Yeah. She's.. She's nice."

"Then, one more question. What have you learned at this camp by now?"

That your boyfriend can turn out as an total asshole.

"Umm..."

That your best friend can hurt your feelings more than you ever thought.

"Well.."

That you can grow feelings for someone you never thought you could.

"Just, that.. I shouldn't be so impulsive. I guess."

"That's a excellent start. Good jog, Vanessa. We are running out of time, but --"

Lydia got interrupted by Mason, who appeared behind the woman and tapped her shoulder:

"Are you done soon? Other's are ready, and these were the last teens to interview."

Lydia nodded, "Almost. You can already invite others here, this takes only few seconds."

Mason nodded to his co-worker and walked away as Lydia turned back to face me.

"Where were we.. Right. I was about to say that I can see changes on your attitude, in a good way."