Chapter 1: Introduction

A/N: The title for this fanfiction is actually based on this BEAUTIFUL tattoo parlor in Las Vegas, Nevada. They did a beautiful job on my most recent tattoo and they gave birth to my idea for the story. A bit silly, but inspiration comes from all over places-- Without further ado, I introduce my newest fanfiction. Apologies for not writing in literally years, but inspiration struck. Roleplaying seems dead and I've so much desire to write. For UlquiHime lovers, this one's for you <3

____________________________________________________________________________

Her brother had been fortunate. Sora Inoue had been capable of fleeing before her parents abused him any further. He was supposed to grow strong and become a warrior on their ship, however, that never effectively went through as her underground weapon dealing father had planned, nor her prostitute mother. Her mother's intentions were clear; use herself to make as much money as they could for their ship. Their life was difficult, after all, it was the life of pirates. It was nothing easy, not even for the daughter of the captain, Orihime Inoue. She'd been left behind by her elder brother who had promised he would return to save her when he had the power and strength to do so.

She lived majority of her life in the cellar down below the main deck. It was hot down there, with the kitchen right next to her small room. Her bed consisted of a hammock, and a small blanket to throw over herself. Orihime was forced to learn how to mend clothing, and she even made her own attire. She was much opposite of her mother, hiding her skin from others eyes to see. Once a week, there was a large part on their ship while out at sea, inviting others to join and spend lots of money and good for the entertainment their ship had to offer. And while those pirates got drunk, the next morning their treasure would be stolen, and then their ship would disappear into the early morning mist.

The ship was semi-small, containing three main layers to it. Bottom of the ship was where the crew worked to make the ship move fast and to fuel the ship. The middle row of the ship, second layer, was where the quarters were at. There were 8 rooms, able to contain 5 men per room. And finally, there was the last deck where the kitchen was out, the main deck to work the ropes, and for the captain to navigate the ship.

Orihime's father had kept pressuring her to step up and be useful. She had a body of a woman now and she needed to put it to use, however, Orihime always found a way out of the arrangement saying she'd be better off doing something else. That was, until this very morning when her father called her out from the cellar, containing news that he HAD to share with his 'beloved' beauty of a daughter.

A fluttering knock sounded at the wooden door.

"Come in, please, and take a seat"

Upon entering the Captain's chambers, Orihime saw her mother, lying around several other women, sipping on wine, while her father, dressed in a robe, held a letter in his hand.

"Orihime, my only daughter, I've some wonderful news!"

"Ano.. .father,. What is it?" The female was a quiet girl, knowing where she stood with her family She didn't dare speak up unless requested to. Speak when spoken to. She wasn't necessarily beaten and battered, but she had still been abused and used for work and punishment on the ship.

"You see, it's time you've finally done something useful for your family.. For our ship. I've received word that a man in the East wishes for you to marry his son. They are renown doctors in that area, furthermore, this specific doctor is known for traveling the seas. He has been passing his knowledge on to his son, and he wishes to retire. However, before he can do so, he wants his son to be married off and have his own son so that the family name remains, as well as their profession.