One

"Mommy?Wake up mommy."Macy shook her mom awake "Yes honey what's wrong?"

"Mommy it's my birthday!"

"Ahhh,Do you think I forgot?"

"Yes." Macy pouted.Her mom brushed her long black hair back "Well look what I've got-"she pulled out a little box from under her bed "-Right here."

Macy was confused,was that tiny thing her present? "No silly it's your cake"Her mom could just about read her mind "Oooh Mommy can we eat it please please?"

"Okay,but just don't get any on my bed okay?"

Macy nodded.Her mom opened the box revealing a small cake decorated with beautiful flowers,In the middle of the cake it read Happy 5th birthday Macy!

"Mommy thank you!I love you mommy." Macy said teary eyed.

"No baby don't cry!"

"I-I-I'm ju-just so happy mommy."

Her mom smiled "Well!No more distractions!Lets eat some cake!"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"What's wrong Macy?" Asked Carter.

"My dad forgot about my birthday!" Macy bawled "B-But I didn't forget!Look-"Carter ran off to the grass and picked a beautiful dandelion "-I got you a present!" Macy looked up and wiped her eyes "Carter thank you!Thanks a lot,Your my best friend"Macy got up and wrapped her arms around Carter,His long windswept hair in her face "Carter promise you'll never go anywhere without me" Macy said,Which made Carter smile "Ill never leave you Macelyn."