Caused by the Accident

I'm glad that my mother went abroad for two weeks trip. Because honestly I do not know how to explain the situation to her.

We already told to Toronto and Asia about what happened that day. And my best friend is continuously bugging me to Boston.

For the first time in my life. Nagluto ako ng cookies not for myself or for my mom but for my daughter.

I acknowledge her now although it's a bit weird. I still don't know what happen and what caused her to go back in time.

"Mommy look po oh. Kamukha ni Daddy." She's beside me. Putting nips and krimstick to the cookies to draw a face.

I laughed upon seeing it. It's terrible! It has only 3 strands of hair and it is color pink! Hindi pantay ang mata. And the krimstick looks smudge, it's supposed to be the lips.

I captured it and send to his father. Yup. I got his facebook account so I can contact him whatever's happening to his daughter.

I message him, 'this is what you look like in the eyes of our daughter." I can't help but to laugh.

I wonder, ano kayang magiging reaction ng playboy na yon?

I imagined him frowning his brows.

I continue to cook while Canada's here to designed the cookies. I jumped when I hear my ringtone. Someone's calling.

I pick it up to see Boston's name and picture. I give it to Canada. She's a smart kid. She wash her hands first before picking the phone.

"Daddy!" Canada excitedly exclaimed.

"Hello. Sweetheart. Wake up early eh?" I noticed his husky voice. I guess he just wake up.

"Yes. Yes. Daddy. We make cookies. Look oh." She face the phone to the already finished cookies so that Boston can see. I continue to cook.

"It looks yummy." Pang uuto pa nito.

"Daddy, why don't you get dress? That's why mommy keeps to fall for you eh!" Natigilan ako sa sinabi ng anak ko.

I look at the phone to see Boston's morning face, messy hair and true to be told. He doesn't have a shirt. And I can see his muscle from here. Although he doesn't have abs. But he has the biceps!

I swallow hard. "Good morning, Mommy.", Canada giggles.

"Good morning to you too, stranger." I secretly smirk to see his frown forehead.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm Boston!" He shouted at the other line.

"Yes. Yes. You're a city, I'm a country. Mommy's a continent." Pumapalakpak na sabi pa ng baby ko.

"Get dressed I'm going to pick you up." I stopped from mixing.

"What? Who said that were coming?" I held my waist and brow's up.

"Me. End of discussion." So he knew me huh? He know that I'm going to asks him several questions so he cut the line immediately.

I still had my baby clothes when I was young here in my cabinet. My baby look like a minnie me. We both dressed in yellow.

I heard the car's beep. "Daddy!" My baby's running fast.

"Careful!" Natatawang sabi ko sa kaniya. She acts like me when I was a kid. No doubt she's my daughter.

But how?

Really, Africa, your asking yourself how? Paano nag-exist si Canada? I blushed at the thought. Him and me? I can't imagine!

I walk down the stairs. I can hear noises from the living room.

"Mommy, look oh. Daddy's shirt is color yellow to! We really looks like a family." He carried her in his arms.

"Because were really a family baby." He kissed her temple.

Inalalayan niya akong sumakay sa passenger seat. May baby sitter sa pagitan ng passenger at driver seat. It's our baby's spot.

All of us wear our seatbelts.

"Daddy, saan po tayo pupunta?" She asks why holding both of our hands. Boston's other hand is on the stirring wheel.

"Secret. But you can guess." He said smiling.

"Park again?" He look right and left to said that it was a wrong answer.

Along the way, sila lang dalawa ang nag-uusap. I have a bad feeling about what was going to happen today.

Women's hunch is strong. I keep on praying that I am wrong.

We stuck in a traffic. Traffic lights turn green, We move forward but my eyes widen upon seeing a man running rapidly, not minding the traffic lights.

"Kuyaaa." A 15 year old boy shouted.

Our car hits the man running. Napayakap ako kay Canada. Protecting her from a sudden impact. Napapreno si Boston ng malakas.

The horrified look on my face is very visible. Nakabangga kami! "Daddy!" Nanginginig na sabi ni Canada. I hug her tight.

I notice her look on the other side of the road. I didn't mind her, I was too occupied by what happen.

In a span of one minute, people began to encircle us. Boston went out to see while her I am calming myself and my daughter.

"Mommy! I'm scared. He's here! He's here! He's going to take me away from you. Don't let that happen Mommy!" My baby began to sob. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang tinutukoy niya. Nanginginig din siya.

"Hey. Look at me. What happened?" She pointed and when I look at it. I see nothing but a normal scene of a bus stop.

When she looks again, she faced me. "He's gone." Mahina niyang sabi. "Mommy please don't let that man take me away from you. I don't want to be away from you and daddy again."

She hugged me and her doll. I kiss her temple.

The supposed to be family bonding turned out to be a tragedy. The man that hits our car declare to be dead on arrival.

I feel sorry for him. There was evidence that he violate the traffic law, he also uses drugs. It was found on his jacket. And he is currently on the run because he stole a bag from an old lady. He has already a gunshot from the police officer. A lot of blood waste already.

The case has been closed. But there was one person who can't get over it.

His brother.

"Baby, who's that man your talking about?" I asked Canada after hours of waiting in the police station.

"Your killer. He killed you and daddy." Boston and I look at each other.