Chapter 8

Chapter 8

*2 weeks later

-Bey

"Bey, you have a medical background. It's just a little cut, I need you fix it. It's just like sewing a button onto a shirt."

"Only it's not. Jay, I'm freaking out!!"

"Bey, calm down and do it. If you don't I'll bleed to death."

I closed my eyes and picked up the needle and thread. "Bey!" Jay yelled and I jumped and opened my eyes. "What?"

"Open your eyes."

"I'm sorry."

I took a deep breath and started stitching Jay's arm as we sat in the bathroom of another cheap motel. Earlier today, Jay thought it'd be good idea to try to steel a car from a lady who looked to be in her mid 30s. He didn't get the car because the lady pulled out a pocket knife and sliced his arm. He's lucky that was all she pulled out. I was in the store buying food when all of this took place. When I saw him nearly bleeding to death I freaked out. It took him at least 5 minutes to calm me. I drove us both to a drug store and then back to the motel. Now, I'm on my knees sewing his arm while he's sitting on the toilet seat.

"I'm pissed at you, Carter."

"Why?"

"Because, all of this could've been avoided if you would've waited on me. Not to mention you tried to carjack someone. What if her baby was in the backseat or something. What if she would've pulled out a gun instead of a knife. You know better Carter, we don't carjack people, stupid!"

"I'm sorry, I was thinking."

"Damn right, you wasn't thinking." I stitched a few more threads through his arm and then kissed his lips. "I'm never doing this again. You better be more careful."

"Yes, ma'am."

"So, we're meeting with Drew tonight, right?"

"Yea, you should probably call her now. The faster we do this, the quicker we can get out of here."

"Well, we still have a bank to rob tomorrow."

"Yea, but let's take this one step at a time, Gisselle."

"Two weeks, right?"

"Two weeks."

I smiled and looked at Carter. We're hitting Citzen's bank tomorrow morning and from there we're going to Illinois. We're taking on The Northern Trust Company bank there and once that's out the way, we're going to head to Philly because that's where Wyn lives now. That's going to take us about two weeks and after that we're leaving for London. We haven't figured out how we were going to get through airport security yet, but we'll figure it out. "Ok, I'm going to go call Drew, and you can clean up this mess." I said referring to the blood.

-Drew

"Hello?" I answered my phone. It's an unknown number so I know it's Beyoncé.

"Hey, Drew. It's Beyoncé."

"How are you?"

"I'm fine, and I'm doing well."

"I'm happy that you're doing well, but your parents aren't. They haven't been to church since you disappeared."

"I honestly don't know what to say."

"Beyoncé, call your parents."

"I can't call them, Drew."

"Why not?"

"I'm scared. I bet they probably hate me now. They probably don't even want to hear from me."