CHAPTER ONE

~•♤•~

"The definition of Pharallel Universe will be reported by Anastasia. Anatasia, be ready. It could be tomorrow or the other day. Just be prepared." Professor Nim said while looking vicious and intimidating.

"Kath. Do you have plans today? I may not be able to finish this. Can you give me a hand. Just for 2 days? I really need your help. Please?" I saw how pitiful Anastasia looked like right now.

Well, I can not bame her though. Professor Nim always give her a hard time. But honestly, she doesn't have any guts to disagree or even reject him. I'm lucky that I'm not like that. I was born invisible and I'M GOOD AT IT.

"Kath! Stop spacing out. Would you? Please. Just. This. One." Urgg! I hated this face she is making! She really knows how to fool me!

"Fine! Just this one. What are you going do anyway that will cause you to be this pitiful?" I asked with a demanding tone.

"I have the mission... And they gave me the Red Card.." Holy sh*t! I almost forgot about that. Good thing I asked her.

For some of you who don't know, we are not humans. Technically. But, you can mistake us like one of you.

We are called PHS or Pharallel Humanitarian Species. It's weird right? Basically, we are sub-humans. Half human, half.... alien? Errrm. Our body is made up of other pieces of meteor.

Our family tree basically started by our HUMAN ancestors. One time, around 3,000 years ago, a meteor fell here in Earth. That meteor is made up of other genes. They don't know what that is yet. So, they accidentally thought it was just a large rock. They tried mining it. But they ought to know, it was made up of gas. It spreaded through out in the thin air surrounding us. The people started consumming it without realizing it is already running through their bloodstream.

Yeah.. It started there. Well, we are only 300 existing in here. Yes, I know it is too small amount of population knowing that we existed since 3,000 years ago. We have a reason.

200 years ago, Humans knew that we exist. They felt threatened by our presences so they tried to eliminate us ALL. They did it by poisoning. They injected a syrum called APHS. It is made up of some vaccine that only TRUE humans can digest. We, PHS can die from it by only 45 seconds after comsumption. Amazing.. isn't it?

That's why we don't let the humans know that we still exist. WE HAVE A LIFE TOO. Just like them. But, we are not similar to those dirty humans. We are not carnivorous nor vegetarian. We don't eat. We don't sleep. We don't drink. BUT, we take energy by UV rays. 3 hours of exposing in the sun can last for us about 3 days? Except if we use our powers. *wink* hehehehehe.

"Kath. I only have few days to finish it... I don't think I can do it.." As soon as our class were over, we stayed here inside our room to have a little talk.

"Anastasia, stop underestimating yourself. You are already a part of GEM. You are not capable of dying with those APHS anymore." I said hoping that it can comfort her.

"I may be part of GEM but... I don't have the powers yet to fulfill those. Do you understand me? Huh?" I knew it. My words can not comfort her anymore.

GEM stands for GENERAL EXISTING MANDATORY. It is basically means if you are part of it, you will be a "GENERAL" or what we call 80 percent "HUMAN" --ish.. You will have more tolerance for the APHS.

But... it is not what you think. There are pros and cons being part of that. First of all, (Pros):

• You will have high tolerance (but not fully safe) for the APHS
•Your sun exposure can decrease by 2 hours. 1 hour exposure = 5 days of energy.
•You can change color by all humans can. They can produce more "melanin" if needed. (To be able to blend in)
•Increase superpower by 4 percent

Well, it sounds good so far.. but... here are the (Cons)

•Your life span will be decreased by 20 years. (Our lifespan can last for about 130 years)
•You will not be able to produce an infant.
•You will loose half of your powers. (Ex: if you have powers categories in "Nature" side and "Fire", you can only choose 1 only. The other one will be gone forever.

LASTLY...
•You will be KICKED OUT of HPHS (Headquarters of Pharallel Humanitarian Species) [ERMM. TO BE SHORT, OUR "HOME". It divides us from the humans. This is where we can use our powers limitlessly. Do everything we want without threats. OUR FREEDOM PLACE.]

"I need to go. I believe you will be able to help me." She said before she left me hanging in here.

"Yah! ANASTASIA DÉ LEMOŔE! GET BACK IN HERE. STOP!! DON'T LEAVE ME WITH THIS FILTHY RED CARD!"

~•♤•~