Chapter 1 - Leah

Monday

I stood outside, waiting for my ride. I was twenty-two now, almost done with college. My professor, Mr. Hill, promised to give me a ride to school for a few days because my car was in the shop, and I couldn't really rely on my parents to drive me. I guess he was cool in that way.
So here I was, in my cut off shorts and t-shirt, bummed out that I had to go to school on such a nice day. God, I hate Mondays. Finally I saw headlights in the distance. As the car came closer, I realized this wasn't any old car. It looked so expensive and fast, it had to be like a Lamborghini or something. But when I saw the driver, that's when I flipped. Sure enough it was Mr. Hill. Totally not what I was expecting. As the fancy sports car pulled up, I could distinctly make out the word 1967 Camaro, in shiny letters on the side. Wow...
Now, I always thought that Mr. Hill was one of those people who would have a family car, to support a wife and son. But apparently I was wrong. I think everyone who knew him was wrong at this point.
Getting me out of my daze, he rolled down the window and said, "Hey, Leah!"
I glanced up at him, wide-eyed.
"H-hi Mr. Hill... I-I wasn't expecting this!"
"Hah, yeah, I get that a lot."
"I can tell... that is a very nice car you have!", I say with a smile.
"Oh, thank you, it was a gift from my father. It doesn't get driven that much so I thought, why not take it out? Haha..."
"Well, its very nice, I love the color too."
"Thanks! Well, get on in, your classes are waiting.", he said, a little nervousness in his voice. So, I walked around the car, opened the door, and climbed in. Once I had my seat belt on, I looked over at my teacher. Jesus, he was looking good today.
Oops. I forgot to explain this. Well... you could say that Mr. Hill is definitely one of the hotter teachers! Basically every one of my friends has a huge crush on him... including me. He is my height, about 5'7". And he has short brown hair, that he spikes up ever so slightly, to make it look amazing. He keeps his beard a little scruffy, but never too grown out. By the way... I'm just going to be blunt about this, but... heh, he has a nice ass. Honestly, he does! And he walks in this specific way that I have never seen a man walk like, and it makes him look so sexy. But anyways, when I found out that he was willing to drive me, I flipped shit. Like I literally blushed so much, and I was so excited.
So, as I was sitting there, admiring his slightly tucked in button-down, I noticed that his chest was moving very fast, actually, like he was hyperventilating. Why was he so nervous? I should be the one who is nervous. Then, he caught me staring at him... and he actually blushed. Like, oh my god! What does this mean? But I realized that I was getting way too ahead of myself, and that he couldn't possibly feel something for me. After all, he is married, so there was no way there would ever be an "us". But still, I would love to be his wife, and I would love to be the mother of his two year old son. Pfft... as if that would ever happen.
"Sorry that I was a little late, its just that I accidentally turned down the wrong road at first.", he said, bringing me back to reality.
"Oh no, your fine. I was a little late too so...", I muttered.
As he went to shift gears into drive, I realized that his hand was shaking a bit, so something was definitely bothering him.
I finally got up the nerve to ask him, "Are you okay? You seem a little shaky..."
He replied with, "Oh... its nothing really, I'm just stressed. Last night I had to grade a lot more papers than usual so I'm also a little tired. I'm fine." He made a slight grin towards my direction.
And that's something that I also love about him. He is so open about whats going on with him, its like he is best friends with everyone. I wonder if he knows that I want to be best friends with him, maybe even more... geez, what am I even saying right now.