Chapter 4

Zayn's P.O.V ( finally, damn)

-

-

I dove under her body as she fell to the ground and her body went limp. The sound that I made from the scrape I got, added with the bullet in my arm, and just falling in all, didn't sound human. I quickly brought up the rest of my body to her and put one of them at the bend of her knees and the other around the back of her neck and around her shoulder area and stood up. She didn't weigh much, which was a load off my arm.

Her dress was crumpled up and some of the sparkles were coming off as well as one of her straps. She was barefoot and her hair was massively curly and was everywhere. She layed so limply in my arms.

I ran towards the car, that had massive crash marks and one of the rims came off, her windows were shattered and there was blood all over the seat. I set her down in the grass as I brushed off the glass from the back seat as quickly as I could and layed her down, and from where I stood I could see a huge gash on the bottom of her foot and guilt consumed me. Why did it have to be her car? She's gonna hate me.

The remembrance hit me like bricks. My backpack! I looked at Spencer then the way to the pond and back at Spencer and then the pond. I need that backpack. I quickly but quietly shut the car door and ran towards the pond. Which bush did I put it behind? I started brushing under each of the bushes and felt something.. but it wasn't my backpack.

I checked under the bush and picked up the small device.

"Motion detected." it said. My face dropped. And my eyes widened. A huge flash came off of something I hadn't noticed but assumed was a camera and blinded me and I fell over.

I blinked over and over again but all I could see was a bright light. What the hell? This is the woods! Animals like bunnies and squirrels would walk by the motion detector and get blinded for no reason. And the cops would drive all the way over here for a blinded squirrel.

The cops! They are going to come. I quickly threw the detector in the pond and fished around under the bushes again until I felt a fabric brush against my hand. I grabbed it and felt around it, it was my back pack. I feel so blind. How the hell am I going to drive? Or go unnoticed with a busted up car like that?

I threw the backpack over my shoulder and ran in a direction which I hope was the way back to the car. I could only see the outline of my vision and the middle was white. My gut ran into something so forceful and I fell over yet again. Ugh, damn.

"Are you alright?" I heard a male voice say. I blinked my eyes over and over again.

"What do you think happened to them?" A female voice says. But it's not Spencer. I heard sirens off in the distance growing closer and I bolted up.

"It's alright we called an ambulance for your girlfriend." the male says to me which I can't totally make out but can see an outline.

"I think he's blind." the female says.

I rub my eyes,"I'm not blind," I say,"And she's not my girlfriend."

I know for a fact once those ambulance get here that I'm going to jail for what I did. And so is Spencer.

I'm on my feet now,"Wait why are you guys out so late?" I asked.

"We heard a bunch of noises and decided to come and check it out." she says.

"Come out? Come out from where?" I ask quickly hearing sirens coming closer ad run towards the car.

"We have a cabin up that trail a bit. What are you doing out ad why does she have blood all over her?" he asks.