DeltaRune: Ralsei- Lullaby

Swipe to the right. This is the lullaby mentioned in the chapter ^^

This tune is made by Maybemochas. Go check out their YouTube channel!

...

Title: To Pacify With a Lullaby
...

"Hey, hey Ralsei," I call, shaking a sleeping dark prince by his shoulders.

He only stirs in resistance. His eyelids remain shut as he mumbles, "What is it?"

"So um, something happened to your wooden sword..." I say hesitantly, considering my words carefully.

"What about it?" He yawns softly, sitting up.

I twiddle my thumbs before deciding on the truth bluntly. "It's missing,"

"Ok..." Ralsei says nonchalantly and falls back on to the grass. "We'll look for it later."

"No, Ralsei," I whine, poking his arm. The guilt of what I have done consumes my insides.

"What...?" Ralsei mutters.

I sigh, preparing nyself to face the music. I lift up one of his fluffy, white ears and whisper into it, "I kinda used [Red Buster] without know what it would do so, out of impulse, I used the wooden sword to deflect it."

"What?" Ralse finally sits up in mild concern. "Did you lose it in the process then?"

"Um, no, it kinda, turned to dust..."

"What?!" Ralsei jumps up in alarm.

"I'm sorry but if I didn't use it, I could've accidentally hurt Rabbick!"

"Couldn't you have just used [Blow On] to spare Rabbick?"

I groan in frustration. "I didn't think of that!"

"Oh no! This is terrible!" Ralsei exclaims, flailing his arms.

"I'm sorry! I know that you like playing with the sword but, now you don't have to hurt monsters anymore!"

"What are you talking about? Don't you remember? I want to be like a Lightner when I grow up! What's Lightner without a sword?"

"Ralsei, you don't need a sword to be a Lightner!"

"How would you know?" Ralsei pouts. "Have you seen a Lightner before?"

"Uh no."

"Me neither."

"But I heard that Lightners in the past don't fight monsters."

"How's that possible? You can't beat monsters without fighting them!" Ralsei storms off abruptly.

"W-wait, Ralsei!" I call, running towards him. "Stop!"

"What now?" He asks in exasperation right before a low branch smacks his head, causing him to fall back on to the ground.

I catch up to him as he groans in pain. I kneel down to inspect him. A red bump appears on his forhead. "Huh, looks like we'll need to see Malius."