Cell Mates

(Y,N POV)

"Fuck you."

"Wow. Mature." Mia said, leaning against the back wall, furthest away from the door, where I was.

"Shut up. We're in here because of you." I said, pointing at her.

"Dude, do you want to piss me off? We can only see because of me." Mia said, holding up her small flame, which was illuminating the room.

"I don't care. I just don't want to be here. Especially with you."

Mia sighed and looked at her flame. I looked away and held up my hand. Frost started pouring out of my palm.

"Careful not to let too much frost out. It could create a weather disturbance in here with my flame and your frost." Mia said.

I looked back over at her. "What? Are you an idiot or something. That's not how that works."

"How'd you know?" Mia asked.

"Cause every time we've fought and I use ice, a fucking hurricane DOESN'T appear. Duh."

"Oh."

I looked around the room, and realized something that horrified me.

"There's only one bed..." I muttered.

"What?" Mia asked.

"There's only one bed." I said, louder.

Mia realized this too, her face getting red. "Oh. What should we do if we have to sleep? There isn't enough room to lay down on the floor."

"...I don't know." I said.

I thought for a while, trying to avoid the conclusion I've been coming to, every time. We would have to share the bed, but it isn't big enough to lay next to each other. We'd had to literally sleep on top of each other.

"Do you know what we'd have to do?" Mia asked, clearly coming to the same conclusion.

"No. No."

"Unless you want to sleep standing up..." Mia said in a teasingly way. Making me annoyed...

"Fine. I'll sleep standing up." I said, determined to NOT sleep with Mia at all, in any way. I'm not even gonna try to touch her.

"Suit yourself."

Just then, the guard outside knocked on the door, and yelled "Nighttime! Sleep!"

Oh god. Mia gave me a smirk and laid down on the bed, her feet facing me and the door.

"C'mon man, your legs will get tired soon." She said, patting the bed.

I shook my head no, and folded my arms. Mia sighed, finally getting serious and said, "Listen, I don't like it either. But I just don't want you to collapse on me." She waved around her small flame, the shadows dancing on the wall. I stared at the flame, it sort of entrancing me. I shook my head slightly, looking away from the flame. Mia sighed, and gave up, turning away from me and facing the wall.

I tried to sit down on the floor, but my legs hit the bed and I would've had to crawl into a ball position, which would've been really uncomfortable. I stood back up and looked at Mia and the bed. I shook my head again and re-folded my arms. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. After what seemed like forever, I gave in to the growing pain in my legs and back.

"Mia."

"I knew you'd give." Mia said, sitting up.

"So, how do you want to do this?" I asked. Mia stood up and frowned.