Chapter

I sat on my bed scrolling through my Instagram and liking some artsy photos here and there. My phone started ringing but it was instantly silenced by the swipe of a finger. I heard my dad yell for me to come down and I did, but not before checking my hair beforehand. "A friend is here for you. You have great taste in friends, kiddo." "Thanks." I waved to Younghoon then followed him out.

"I'm surprised you decided to hang out today. You told me you were usually busy on Sundays." I laughed then waved his statement off. "That was in the past. I just needed a change, you know?" Younghoon nodded then immediately started beaming. "Is that the love of my life that I see?" I couldn't help but chuckle at Younghoon's cheesiness. "Hey, love. Hey, Kevin." I waved to Changmin then gave him a fist bump.

"So, what are the plans for today?" "Well, I had planned a wonderful outing for the both of us, but now we have a third wheel." I watched Changmin punch Younghoon's arm then give me an apologetic look. "I'm sure we can still do them. We'll just have to factor in Kevin." "I didn't know you two had plans. I can always just leave you two alone." Changmin placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile. "Don't tell Younghoon, but I wasn't really feeling a date today. So, you just saved me." Younghoon looked at the both of us and I simply shrugged.

<><><><><><>

"Woah, this tastes so good. Where did you find this place?" Younghoon gave us a smug look then explained how he stumbled upon the place. "Interesting." I looked out the window and saw Sangyeon with someone. I took a closer look and gasped when I saw that it was Jacob. "Kevin, are you okay?" "Yeah...I just saw a dog...really cute..." I looked away from the window and continued to eat. "Oh, it's Sangyeon! Let's invi-" "Let's not. He seems busy." I felt Younghoon and Changmin's eyes on me as I continued to eat. "Well, if he doesn't want to, then maybe we shouldn't, Hoonie." "Okay..."

We arrived at the arcade and eventually went our own ways. I wandered around looking for a game that interested me. I rounded a game and saw Sangyeon and Jacob at one of them. I quickly turned around and walked away. I eventually spotted a game that interested me and I started playing. I was so into the game that I didn't notice someone walk up to me. "Kevin!" I tensed up as I knew who's voice it was. "Hey...Jacob."

The game had ended, so I walked away from it and Jacob. "Kevin, wait up!" Him saying that only made me walk faster. I didn't particularly want to talk to him nor see him. I exited the arcade and ducked into a convenience store. "He can be so persistent..." I thought as I pretended to be looking for something. My phone started vibrating, but I chose to ignore it. It eventually stopped and I took that chance to call Younghoon. "Hey." "I think I'm going to go home." "What? Why?" "Something came up. Enjoy your time with Changmin." I hung up before Younghoon could ask anymore questions. I bought a bottle of water then casually looked around as I stood outside the store.

<><><><><><>

I sat down on the bus then looked out the window. I didn't really want to avoid Jacob, but it didn't feel any different than when he was pulled away by his friends. My phone started vibrating and I finally answered this time. "Hello?" "Kevin? Where did you go?" I hung up then turned my phone off. I closed my eyes as the bus ride was sort of a long one.

"Back so soon? Did he find someone more interesting?" "Yeah. Let's go with that." I walked upstairs then entered my room. I locked the door behind me then flopped onto my bed. I admit, I shouldn't have just hung up the way I did, but I just felt so upset. Guilt started eating away at me, so I turned my phone back on to call him back. "7 missed calls from Jacob...Wow..." I thought as I tapped on his number. It didn't take long for Jacob to pick up the phone. "Kevin? What happened? It kept going straight to voicemail." "I turned my phone off. I...I didn't want to be bothered by you." I noticed Jacob was quiet, too quiet. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was being annoying. Don't dislike me, please..." "I didn't mean it like that...I meant...I don't know what I meant. Just come over." "Okay...?" I hung up then groaned in frustration.

<><><><><><>

I walked downstairs then waited on the steps outside for Jacob's arrival. "Kevin!" I noticed that Jacob was practically sprinting over to my house. I watched him trip but quickly regain his balance. I walked down the steps as Jacob slowed down to a stop in front of me. "You're all sweaty." "I didn't want to waste any time with you." I felt a small fluttering in my stomach as Jacob smiled wide while trying to catch his breath. "You're weird, Jacob." "Takes one to know one." We sat down on the steps and started talking about our day.

a/n: don't forget to vote, share and comment!